Has anybody recently been on a RCCL cruise?

Have you recently cruised with Royal Caribbean? If so, hopefully you can help me.

We are leaving in 13 days for our cruise on RCCL Freedom of the Seas. I have a couple of questions and hope someone can answer them for me.

1. Are you allowed to take soft drinks and bottled water with you onboard with Royal Caribbean?

2. Can you take as much liquids such as shampoos, hairspray, hair mousse, colognes, etc. as you want to onboard or does Royal Caribbean stick to the same 3 ounce guidelines as the airlines? I need to know about this so I won't pack the wrong things and have them taken away.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Have you recently cruised with Royal Caribbean? If so' date=' hopefully you can help me.

We are leaving in 13 days for our cruise on RCCL Freedom of the Seas. I have a couple of questions and hope someone can answer them for me.

1. Are you allowed to take soft drinks and bottled water with you onboard with Royal Caribbean?

2. Can you take as much liquids such as shampoos, hairspray, hair mousse, colognes, etc. as you want to onboard or does Royal Caribbean stick to the same 3 ounce guidelines as the airlines? I need to know about this so I won't pack the wrong things and have them taken away.

Thanks in advance for your help.[/quote']

Just off the NOS last week.

1. Bring any water or soft drinks you want. Stacks of it were at cabin doors delivered as part of the luggage. Every brand you can imagine.

2. RCCL does not care how much of those personal grooming liquids you pack. (The 3 ounces is only for carry ons; so if you are not checking your luggage you can not take more than 3 ounces of anything.)

3. They only think they will take is your booze (returned as you head off the ship to return home if in original, sealed container) and your iron. Neither are allowed. The x-ray luggage and call you to the "naughty room" to open your luggage so they can remove those items if found.

To the OP, you are not getting on an airplane, you are getting on a ship. That is the reason airlines check bottles filled with liquids, explosives and all that.

They also don't give a hoot if you bring on your own sodas, bottled water, etc. Booze is another matter. Fallout from the Smith case and other instances where drunks fell off the ship while plastered. You will notice, since they started restricting the ability of passengers to bring their own booze on board, no more people falling off RCI ships, but quite a few off Carnival ships.

Blame the Florida anti-cruiseline tort bar.

If you're getting on the Freedom on Feb 7th, you are in for a treat. The space shuttle is scheduled to launch at 4:39 AM on the 7th. If you arrive a day before, make sure you set your alarm to go outside and watch this. And if they are a few hours late, you can watch from the ship - the view is awesome and the launch pad isn't really that far away.

I just returned from the Freedom a week and a half ago - see my web site for pix and info and menus.

To the OP, you are not getting on an airplane, you are getting on a ship. That is the reason airlines check bottles filled with liquids, explosives and all that.

They also don't give a hoot if you bring on your own sodas, bottled water, etc. Booze is another matter. Fallout from the Smith case and other instances where drunks fell off the ship while plastered. You will notice, since they started restricting the ability of passengers to bring their own booze on board, no more people falling off RCI ships, but quite a few off Carnival ships.

Blame the Florida anti-cruiseline tort bar.

Carnival does not allow you to bring on Liquor only two bottles of wine.

Just off the NOS last week.

1. Bring any water or soft drinks you want. Stacks of it were at cabin doors delivered as part of the luggage. Every brand you can imagine.

2. RCCL does not care how much of those personal grooming liquids you pack. (The 3 ounces is only for carry ons; so if you are not checking your luggage you can not take more than 3 ounces of anything.)

3. They only think they will take is your booze (returned as you head off the ship to return home if in original, sealed container) and your iron. Neither are allowed. The x-ray luggage and call you to the "naughty room" to open your luggage so they can remove those items if found.

There is no limit on the size of container for boarding a cruise ship with your carry on luggage. I usually travel with only carryon and have never had trouble bringing on water, soda, shampoo, whatever liquid is allowed, in larger containers.

They will also confiscate weapons, large scissors and other items deemed to be dangerous. There's a list of forbidden items in your cruise contract.

That why I hate carnival and it a bad cruise line,Rccl is the best

Whaa? You hate Carnival because they don't allow liquor but do allow two bottles of wine, but you love RCCL because they don't allow liquor OR wine?

:confused:

You're questions have been answered, but I just wanted to add that I wish I was still on Freedom. It's been just over 2 weeks since our cruise and I'm desperate to start planning another one!!! :)

Have a great time. And check out my review/pictures in my signature, if you're bored and want to obsess like I did/do... ;)

You're questions have been answered, but I just wanted to add that I wish I was still on Freedom. It's been just over 2 weeks since our cruise and I'm desperate to start planning another one!!! :)

Have a great time. And check out my review/pictures in my signature, if you're bored and want to obsess like I did/do... ;)

Your pictures are great! Thanks for sharing them. Did you go to the ice show? If so, when and where do you get the tickets?

If you're getting on the Freedom on Feb 7th, you are in for a treat. The space shuttle is scheduled to launch at 4:39 AM on the 7th. If you arrive a day before, make sure you set your alarm to go outside and watch this. And if they are a few hours late, you can watch from the ship - the view is awesome and the launch pad isn't really that far away.

I just returned from the Freedom a week and a half ago - see my web site for pix and info and menus.

My last cruise in May on the monarch the space shuttle lifted off at like 3 or something. I live on the spacecoast, so we get to see it every time, but it was nice to see the people that have never seen it so excited

My last cruise in May on the monarch the space shuttle lifted off at like 3 or something. I live on the spacecoast, so we get to see it every time, but it was nice to see the people that have never seen it so excited

I really hope we get to see it. Nothing like that happens here in North Carolina...LOL.

The ship also provides a ton of soaps, shampoos, etc for you in your room, so unless you have special products you want to bring with you, I wouldn't waste the luggage space...

Sorry to say, but not anymore unless you're in a suite. :(

Your pictures are great! Thanks for sharing them. Did you go to the ice show? If so' date=' when and where do you get the tickets?[/quote']

Thanks so much!!!

We did not go to the ice show - just didn't fit it in and didn't get tickets. Tickets were distributed on our first sea day at 9am, I think. It's possible to go without a ticket, but you'll have to wait until a few minutes before the show to make sure there are enough seats for those who do have tickets. It's worth checking out! (I saw the show on the Mariner - it's great!)

The ship also provides a ton of soaps, shampoos, etc for you in your room, so unless you have special products you want to bring with you, I wouldn't waste the luggage space...

Sorry to say, but not anymore unless you're in a suite. :(

Or if you are D or D+. :)

Just got off Navigator on Monday :(

Was traveling with Diamond so we had shampoo and soap in the room etc - tho brought our own.

I brought a collapsible cooler and a fold up 24" duffel I got at Walmart and flew down with them both - filled the duffel with cases of soda from CVS - slapped a luggage tag on it and had it delivered. Had the steward keep the cooler filled with ice and sodas the whole cruise :)

We leave Sunday for 7 day Eastern and hope the weather stays nice so we will indeed see the shuttle lift off........:D

Just checked out the menus you posted :mad::(.....they got rid of the best items

.......what happened to the herb crusted chicken breasts and the salmon dishes....not to mention the delicious cold soups......I'm really bummed but won't tell my DH because he will really be disappointed....will let him find out for himself.

It should also be noted this is the FINAL NIGHT LAUNCH OF THE SPACE SHUTTLE. All though it seems they say this with every recent night launch it may be true this time. Jetti State Park is always open if there is a launch but anywhere on the beach in Brevard county is a awesome view.

The picture below was taken from Jetti State Park on a 2 AM launch with a low cloud cover.

100_0535.jpg.ac00dcaa007995dce08578f35b9f1085.jpg

Archived