NCL Pearl Food

dudesoup

If you order a non-entree item and do not like it, tell your server and ask for something else. They'll be happy to oblige. If you order an entree and do not like it, tell your server and ask for a recommendation for another option. You will not have to pay a second surcharge. If you find that you do not enjoy every single item/course in the meal, then you could ask for a refund.

You can order/try as many appetizers/starters, soups/salads, and desserts as you like. Generally, you can order only one entree for your meal, but sometimes people have reported being able to order two (both to eat). If you don't like your first choice of entree, you can order a different one.

What they will not allow passengers do is eat 80% of an entree, say they didn't enjoy it, order another, eat most of it, say they didn't enjoy it, order another, and so on. (I'm not saying you would do this; not at all! I'm just explaining what a few people do at both land and surcharge cruise restaurants, and how we've seen it handled.)

beachchick

Thank you very much. No I am not "that guy" that would eat 80% over and over. I have seen people do that and I think its sick that some places will allow it because its a customer first policy. 1 example that got me was at costco its like that. A buddy of mine worked there and said a guy bought $300 in soft shell crab. Came back 3 days later with empty shells and said they were not good. Got his money back.

The only reason I ask is that I like to try new things on vacations and say I get the foie gras and cant stand it and want something else. I didnt know if by asking for something else I would make my server mad. I am a first timer and want to make sure I know some of the rules of etiquette aboard the ship.

I just got off the Pearl a week ago and my server urged me to get two entrees because he thought the one I ordered would not be enough food. This was in La Cucina and I had ordered the Spaghetti Carbonara, which is huge...but he told me to get the steak too. Both were fantastic.

I was wondering with the freestyle eating. Say I go to a pay resturant. What If I order an meal and just do not enjoy it. Can I get another item off the menu or do I have to pay again??

I am sure it would depend on why you didn't like it and how much of it you ate..There are no hard and fast rules for something like this. Just like a restaurant, the same thing would hold true.

Nita

Archived