Excursion prices

Hi there

I just used the search button to find the answer to this query- previous posts state that you pay full price for excursions at 16 (that was on the Destiny so presumably it applies on all Thomson ships).

Select 'search this forum' above and type in 'excursion prices children' and it will bring up all relevant posts.Some are half price but others just a reduction on the adult price.

Hope that helps....

Flopsy

A post by Iain1873 on 28.9.09 states that the child prices on the Destiny were 'up to and including 16'.

Kruseeka also pasted some info to that thread re specific excursions and the adult/child prices.

Was your telephone call more recent?

Sometimes it's hard to get to the truth!

Flopsy

I have been wondering the same thing recently in advance of our cruise beacuse if we do just 2 of the trip ,ie Petra and Luxor we are looking in excess of £600.00, if our 2 16year olds are charged full price. A small discount would be nice.

This is one of the most annoying things in the travel industry,not just Thomsons. When you book the holiday on line children go up to 17, yet when you book an excursion on said holiday suddenly they become an adult at 12!! A few years ago in Tenereife we went to a Chinese buffet advertising Kids eat free. When it came to pay they tried to charge us for 4 adults. Our kids were 12 and 9.Apparantly they charged adult prices for anyone over 6!!! Needless to say I didnt pay.:mad:

Thanks for your replies.

As I've previously put, I've already budgeted an extra £1000 for trips, as at a worst case scenario, would be paying for 4 adults. It's a bit difficult really for them I suppose, some of the trips where meals are concerned you couldn't really give a 15/16 year old lad a kids meal and they do take up an adult place, but on the other hand it makes for a very expensive family holiday:eek:

Hi,

The cruises website only shows the prices for adults. But we are looking at a hotel holiday with Thomson's this year as well. They show the prices for excursions for both adults and children and they say the children's prices go up to 11. 12 year olds are classed as adults.

Berwyn

Archived