Using safe on Sensation question.

WouldBeCruiser

My previous cruise was on Holland America, and the in-cabin safe was operated by using a numeric code.

I've read quite a few posts suggesting that the safes on Carnival need a card to open/lock them.

Does this need to be a card with a magnetic strip? For example, will my library card, or an old gift card work for this?

Thanks inadvance for your help. It seems that you guys know everything!

It only has to have a magnetic strip. I have used my credit card, my BestBuy rewards card, and a Disney room key that happened to be in my travel bag.

If your library is that up to date to have a magnetic strip, then it should work as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I've cruised for years and have read on here that my "good" cc might get demagnetized by the cabin safe.................just now, I putting my brain into gear and wondering if I should take an "extra" cc to use on the safe.

My question is: I just found (in my files) a cc that expired six years ago and that I never activated!

Would it work if it hasn't been activated?

I know, I could just take it and if it doesn't work, cut it up............just wondered if anyone has an answer to this.

Thanks!:p

Considering most CC's you just call the number to activate it and it has nothing to do with the card itself, I think you can assume it was shipped to you already encoded :)

For my cruise I simply grabbed a few of those "activate at the register" phone cards from a gas-station on the way to the port and didnt bother activating them...still worked great

Archived