Carnival excursion to WDW

rbird

Anyone take the Carnival excursion to WDW for the day? Looking to reviews from those who have actually taken this day trip. Did you book through the ship? Did you have a decent amount of time at a park? I know the parks pretty well but realize it's alot of $$$ for one excursion we never go with the expectation of seeing everything in one park. Just thinking it might be nice to surprise the kid's with a day trip. Wish there was a Blizzard beach excursion.

i did the math on this last night.. bc its about an hour away from port canaveral, your paying a 20.00 each way transfer fee.. the park tickets for universal sold on their website are 109.00 for a one day one park ticket.. so at carnivals price of 150.00 minus the 109.00 for the park ticket the extra fee is to get you to the park and back.. that being said you are spending 2 hours of travel time, to arrive at and leave the park out of your day...

If you want to go to Blizzard Beach, you can buy day tickets at the ticket booths before entering that park. Perhaps it would be a good idea to rent a car for the day? Parking at the water parks is free.

Day at one of the main parks for WDW is ~$80 for an adult. Parking is $14/day now, so if you just want to do the Magic Kingdom for example, depending on the cost through Carnival, it might not be a bad idea.

While i agree sometimes its cheaper to do an excursion on your own, being almost an hour away from port on a non ship excursion and possibly missing the ship due to any reason, traffic, accident, rental car breaks down, someone gets injured at the park.. if you are on a sponsored ship excursion the ship has to wait for you.. id hate to see you not make it back on the ship for any reason.. if it were a simple 15 min cab ride id say go for it,,, but in my opinion i wouldnt do that excusion on my own

Archived