Suggestions for Girl Scout Troop on a budget?

stacieps

My Girl Scout troop has booked a 5 night cruise on Carnival Facsination in August stopping in Nassau and Half Moon Cay. Since we'll be spending the day at the beach at Half Moon Cay, I'm trying to come up with some ides for Nassau.

We will have 6 girls (all 13 years old) and 2 adults. Our budget is limited to about $50pp. We are in Nassau from 7am to 10pm.

Any suggestions for us?

Since you already have a beach day at Half Moon Cay, how about something more "educational" for Nassau? One of the forts would be cool. Or maybe the Pirate Museum. Or Ardastra Gardens. You should have time to do a couple of those.

I think your budget would even allow a beach day at Dolphin Encounters. In addition to the beach, you could watch the dolphins and sea lions. It's a nice ferry ride to the island and the island itself is beautiful. Since you're in port all day, timing should be a problem.

Enjoy Nassau!

I'm also a Girl Scout leader and I hope my girls never find out that other troops have taken a cruise. That's a tough act to follow! ;) Exactly how many boxes of cookies DID you sell?! :eek:

All kidding aside, congrats and good luck!!!!!

How about a beach day at Blue Lagoon ($45) plus $4 pp to get to the ferry that takes you to the island. As one of the posters already mentioned, you get to see the dolphins/sea lions from the dock and enjoy a day on a pretty island with hammocks etc...

http://www.dolphinencounters.com/island-all.php

An actual dolphin encounter costs more, but I read reviews on trip advisor and even the Beach Day was enjoyed by many. You would have to book with them directly and pay in advance, but it is refundable if the ship doesn't make it in. If you can go early to get the most out of the day.

We're booked in March, and my brother and SIL went and enjoyed it very much.

If you go to Blue Lagoon you'll have to allow for taxi fees to get from the ship to the ferry and back. Get to the ferry a little early so you have time to walk over to the public areas of Atlantis. It's impressive.

You might try contacting places to see if there are any special discounts they could give you. It never hurts to ask.

Or...wander around Atlantis when you get back. After hours (I've heard it said) one can walk around the aquarium free of charge since they stop collecting it.

I think the first ferry out to Blue Lagoon is 8:30 or 10:30 in the morning, and they wrap things up at 4 pm, getting you back by about 4:30. Not sure when you are going, but in the winter that would make the timing perfect...

Then you'll need another $4 pp to get back to the ship.

Archived