Voyager Laundry Backup

WC11

Well at least some cruise lines in the five star category hire staff that can speak and understand English and go through a strict training program regarding service and yes that does include laundry.

As a side remark to TC, I have been on Regent in the last five years when it became all inclusive and took five cruises with RSSC/Regent. Also I have been on SS and the other line that I favor which will make sixteen next month. Seabourn is next for us.

We have friends who are or should I say were avid Regent fans but after their last cruise which was their 10th they commented for what they paid they were going to try some other luxury lines because the service and food on Regent was not the same.

I don't understand how you can say you know the product when you have not ever sailed the other lines.:confused:

Ok, back to the topic of laundry. I certainly understand finding laundry tags on shirts or pants at a later date when you need them. I would find a few and realize the last time I had worn them was on a cruise.:eek: I was amazed that I could fit into the clothes that were getting tight while cruising and now they fit perfectly.

You can't help it, can you? =)

On Navigator in May over 75% were SSS. I was told this by none other than the esteemed John McNeil, but could see for myself when we went to the reception. The theatre was full to the brim!!

Back to the stewardess/communication problem. The fisrt thing that needs to happen is to make her comfortable in admitting she didn't understand. And getting to that step, for an Asian, takes a lot of time...so I doubt it will happen even on a World Cruise!!

Really glad to hear that 75% of the passengers on your May cruise were SSS. Regent needs to be reminded sometimes of just how loyal their customers are.

In any event, things seems to be going just fine on the Voyager in terms of laundry and stewardesses. Life is good (wish we were there:-)

This isn't about race, it's about service. If people don't understand you things go wrong fairly quickly. It's not that big of a deal but it could be a deal breaker when considering your next cruise.

One thing I do like about Regent is when you complain they go out of their way to make you happy. but the fact that you have to complain is worth noting too.

This isn't about race, it's about service. If people don't understand you things go wrong fairly quickly. It's not that big of a deal but it could be a deal breaker when considering your next cruise.

One thing I do like about Regent is when you complain they go out of their way to make you happy. but the fact that you have to complain is worth noting too.

We rarely find the need to complain on our cruises. . . however, when we have, things have improved dramatically. I agree that the fact that a complaint has to be made is worth noting.

Note: We are enjoying your blog. Thank you for taking the time to share your cruise with us.

Archived