Carlisle Bay or Valley Church ? Help

cruzwpj

I have info collected for each beach but my DH and I will have to chose just one beach for our port day in Antiqua. We are not wanting to be swarmed by people but want the best sand, water and beach experience.

Taking a cab, bus or other public transportation is our preferred mode of travel to the beach. Thanks alot. Myval:cool::cool:

• 2 weeks later...
church valley beach is beautifull, we got taxi but done tour first to nelsons dockyard and shirley heights it was a lovely day,good beach bar for food and not loads of people there, fantastic.

hi, i think i got the right you to give some opinions:

we'd love to have tour to devil's bridge, nelson's dockyard, shirley's heights and fig tree drive first and after that we prefer to go valley church beach for rest or carlisle beach for snorkeling. did you do this by yourself or book with any private travel company? if you just grab a taxi at the port, how much is the taxi for one person or they just ask for a cost for a taxi no matter how many people will go (because we have a big group, we may have some go together)? how long will it take for the sight seeing part? is valley church beach far from the port?

thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

We (6 20-somethings) went to Valley Church Beach in early Feb '10 and enjoyed ourselves. The beach was more crowded than we'd like and we had to walk all the way to the far left(facing the water) of the beach to get away from it all. The coconut shrimp at the beach bar The Nest were just ok .. Took 20 minutes to get our order and for $16USD, I was expecting more than 4 small shrimps and a couple lettuce leafs made to look like a salad.

If I could do Antigua over again, I would probably choose to do some sort of sightseeing tour with ziplining and learn more history of the island. That being said, I am a TOTAL beach bum, but we had other beach stops on our cruise, and Antigua honestly didn't completely 'wow' me .

Archived