Embassy Suites LAX South

surmy555

To all The LA experts. We are getting in early evening before our Long Beach cruise and plan to stay at the Embassy Suites LAX South and the hire a private shuttle to go to Long Beach the next morning.

Looking for a market in walking distance of the Embassy to pick up some soda, wine and spirits as well as any decent resturants inthe area that would be walkable. Is the area safe enough to walk at night?

Any suggestions? Thanks

EMbassy Suites LAX South is on the north edge of the city of El Segundo, just south of LAX. It is a very safe community, it has a very vigilant police force. I would not be afraid of walking in the area.

You are about 1000 ft from Sepulveda Blvd, and from there you head south along Sepulveda where there are some restaurants. There is an IHOP, Stick and Stein (family sports bar and grill) and some fast food. None are really close to Imperial Hwy and Sepulveda, which is where the 1000 ft walk will take you.

If the hotel has a shuttle that will take you to downtown El Segundo, there are some nice restaurants in there (Main street between Mariposa and Grand). It is about 2 miles from the hotel, I don't know if that is walking distance for you. I work in El Segundo, so I know the neighborhood pretty well.

Chef Hannes is very good. Farm Stand is a little more trendy. Big Mike's is a sandwich shop that has great sandwiches. Stuft Pizza.

Archived