Newbie cruisers excitement is catchy!!

airlink diva

Now I'm a season cruiser (sailing on number 10 & 11 this year!!) and while I get excited whenever I take a cruise, I noticed that my April cruise is even 10 times so.

I'm sailing with a first time cruiser. As the date gets closer and closer, her excitement is really catching!! I can't wait to see her face when we see the ship for the first time, or boarding!!

Am I the only one who feels this way sailing with a newbie????

I am taking my best friend and his wife with me on thier first, the 4 nighter on the Paradise. For me it's just to get back on the ocean but they've been wanting to do this for a long time but were afraid because she couldn't swim.

She took swimming lessons and decided now is the time. I tried to tell them a long time ago even if you can swim and the ship required to be evacuated, there is no where to swim to. You would just float around in a lifeboat or a life vest until you got picked up. I told them no average passenger could swim to shore but they were not convinced. So now they are good to go and they are so excited.

I know the destinations are not glamorous (although they have never been to Catalina) and I've been there enough times,,it's the journey, not the destination.

Took my friend on her first cruise last year and now I'm taking my mom on her first........It is sooooooo exciting to see how they will react to all the different things on the ship.

My favorite moment from my last cruise was my friend's reaction to the pizza place:

We were hungry, but tired too, so we wanted to go back to the room. So I said lets go get some Pizza. And when I grabbed my plate and started heading towards the stairs for our room, she grabbed me and said, "You can take this back to the room?!"

tehe, newbies :cool:

Last February on Valentine's Day I took my Boyfriend on his first cruise. I had earned it for using my credit card (on a different cruise line). I was happy when he accepted the cruise. To show his appreciation for a free 7 day cruise to Mexico, he picked up the S&S tab. I think I have created a cruise junkie... We have taken 2 others since then and this Valentine's Day we leave again for another 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise. All, except the first have been on CCL and we have an 8 day Mexican Riviera planned for my B-Day in Nov. He works at the port, so he had seen the ships, but he was thrilled to be on the ship. I enjoyed seeing the excitement he was feeling. With every cruise we get just as excited as the first. I hope your friend will enjoy cruising as much as mine does. Happy cruising!

Archived