Safety in Jamaica with two teenage girls

petlady7

Hi everyone

We will be in Jamaica on Feb 27th for the day before an evening flight back to UK , is it safe in Jamaica ?, we have two girls aged 14 + 16 and have heard that there is a lot of crime/violence there and obviously don't want to get ourselves into any trouble

this topic has been beaten to death on this forum..read some of the other threads here.

I,for one, think it's perfectly safe and many others do to. Read all the other opinions posted elsehwere to form your own opinion.

The odds are not in your favor that out of all the cruise ships in port that day, all the security around town, the beach,e tc that you and your girls will be singled out as crime victims.

Hi everyone

We will be in Jamaica on Feb 27th for the day before an evening flight back to UK , is it safe in Jamaica ?, we have two girls aged 14 + 16 and have heard that there is a lot of crime/violence there and obviously don't want to get ourselves into any trouble

I have been to Ocho a few times........1st time it was myself, 12 year old daughter and her 12 yr old friend. We have never been afraid in Ocho!

We have returned and love it every time!! I travel alone with my dd most times.

We have actually been more hassled in Cozumel:eek:

Ocho is beautiful and if you meet the right locals they are beautiful people as well!

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

So true! DD and I have been going to OR for years... and have felt safer there than in Cozumel

I have been to Ocho a few times........1st time it was myself, 12 year old daughter and her 12 yr old friend. We have never been afraid in Ocho!

We have returned and love it every time!! I travel alone with my dd most times.

We have actually been more hassled in Cozumel:eek:

Ocho is beautiful and if you meet the right locals they are beautiful people as well!

Hi everyone

Sounds like you will be in Mo' Bay. Go to a local beach or resort for a day pass and you will be fine. You could even hang out at the Margaritaville for the day. Use JUTA cabs and confirm the cost before you get in. Treat it as any other city and be aware of your surroundings at all times and as mentioned keep an eye on the girls and you should be fine. good luck.

Archived