Dream Caribbean xmas/new year

We have booked this two week cruise for my father in laws 65th, really looking forward to it. Has anyone any idea of the weather in the carribean at that time of year. Cant wait to read the first reviews of the Dream. We did the red sea xmas 2009 with a stay in Sharm after , had a great time, did not even mind getting delayed for two days and could not get home. Hope you all have a lovely time on your cruises in 2010:)

We spent Christmas 2009 and New Year in the Caribbean courtesy of P&O Ventura, the weather was 30c every day. We had rain one afternoon on St. Kitts, otherwise it was sunshine every day. Paul and Dave watched the Villa match on the ship one afternoon and it was snowing in Birmingham, it seemed unreal!

We are going again for next New Year on Destiny, I do like the winter sun! The worst bit is coming home to the cold weather.

Carol x

We have booked this two week cruise for my father in laws 65th, really looking forward to it. Has anyone any idea of the weather in the carribean at that time of year. Cant wait to read the first reviews of the Dream. We did the red sea xmas 2009 with a stay in Sharm after , had a great time, did not even mind getting delayed for two days and could not get home. Hope you all have a lovely time on your cruises in 2010:)

I so want to go on this 2 week cruise on the Dream. With 4 of us though it will be the only holiday of the year if we decide to book it. It is still so expensive and no free AI included :(

I don't know whether to take a gamble and wait to see if the price comes down or just book it. I have a feeling it is going to be very popular and sell out fast.

Oh to win the lottery and spend a life on the sea :):):)

Yes it was expensive and will be our only main holiday, although we do have a touring caravan so will mange odd weekends away. We were going to wait but because its a special occasion could not really, we did manage to get it discounted by 1400.00 for two cabins and got £200 onboard credit but it is still expensive. We do like to be away at christmas/new year but it is an expensive time to travel so we do allow for it the rest of the year. Hopefully for you it will get cheaper and you manage a break.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't know whether to take a gamble and wait to see if the price comes down or just book it. I have a feeling it is going to be very popular and sell out fast.

Prices are going up on the Thomson website at the moment - or rather discounts are going down

Hi there, are you on the Caribbean Experience sailing on the 23rd? I think we join your cruise at Jamaica starting on the 30th. We are celebrating our Silver Wedding Anniversary. Thanks for asking about the weather above replies sound like we are in for some good temperatures.:D

Archived