Cambria Suites - FLL

auggiemom

As promised, I am coming back to post after our stay at Cambria. I'm the one that had the bad booking experience with the hotel. I was very concerned we would be treated badly or our rooms would not be available when we arrived. Glad to say that although the hotel was fully booked, our rooms were waiting for us. We had a family emergency and almost had to cancel our cruise, but were able to go ahead with the trip after a delay. We did not arrive to FLL until 2AM. I called the hotel 3 times to make sure they knew we would be there that late and to be sure to hold our room. Quick check-in and we signed up for the 10 Am shuttle. Our room was very nice and comfortable. After a few hours sleep, we had breakfast, which was ok, but it was chaotic with a full hotel. By 10:30, they still hadn't picked up the 9:30 shuttle passengers so we called a private van. Not sure what the problem was. Anyway, the hotel was nice and I would stay again. I just wouldn't count on the shuttle.

I stayed here pre-cruise February 26th. The shuttle took half an hour to pick us up. As instructed I called as soon as we got our bags. They then instructed me to walk outside and to the right until I got to the pick-up area, this took me about five minutes. When the driver picked us up he said he had gotten the call for us and was there, but that since we weren't at the stop he assumed we had just called before getting our bags so he didn't wait and moved on I understand they are busy and can't wait around, but it was a little bit frustrating.

Basically I think they just have one shuttle, so if you time it poorly it can take a while. Other hotels seem to have joint shuttles (e.g. Hilton Garden and some others) so the shuttles come much more frequently, although of course they will have to make other stops, so there is a tradeoff. Kind of a trivial thing to complain about I know, but I just felt that the driver should at least wait a minute or two if he knows there are people to pick up.

Other than that, the hotel was very nice and clean, with good size rooms. There is a big shopping plaza about a ten minute walk away with a Kmart that sells soda and wine/beer for pre-cruise stocking up. The hotel was new and nice. I don't have a a picture of the pool area but I did look at it. It was fairly generic; nice enough but nothing to write home about. There was a charge for breakfast...I saved my hunger for the ship!

Took SAS to Miami in the morning which was a breeze.

Archived