Help with inside stateroom on Star

navinnavin

Planning a 7 day in June from Seattle to Alaska on the Star.

Inside stateroom is right up our alley budget-wise. We've done an inside on a 4 day to Mexico on Carnival and loved it, so I think we'll be good for this trip too.

We're looking for quiet. I don't care if I have to climb 20 flights of stairs to get to it or if it's all the way at the end of the hall. I just don't want it to be next to the engines or the anchors or the all night disco, etc. We generally go to sleep early.

What do you suggest?

Available seems to be:

Deck 9, category JJ.

Deck 8, category J

Deck 5, category KK

Deck 4, category K

For a bit more but still afforadble, available is:

Deck 4, category I

Deck 4, category L

Deck 10, category I

Searching on here, looks like deck 4 can be noisy due to engines. I found some floorplans but I'm having a hard time making sense of it all and picking the quietest room. Again, I don't mind it being remote as long as it's relatively quiet considering the nature of budget accommodations.

I would pick deck 8. Very convenient location. We were on deck 10 for our Panama Canal sailing but in a BA cabin and loved that location as it was convenient to the spa (up 1 deck) and the buffet and pool (up 2 decks).

Planning a 7 day in June from Seattle to Alaska on the Star.

Inside stateroom is right up our alley budget-wise. We've done an inside on a 4 day to Mexico on Carnival and loved it, so I think we'll be good for this trip too.

We're looking for quiet. I don't care if I have to climb 20 flights of stairs to get to it or if it's all the way at the end of the hall. I just don't want it to be next to the engines or the anchors or the all night disco, etc. We generally go to sleep early.

What do you suggest?

Available seems to be:

Deck 9, category JJ.

Deck 8, category J

Deck 5, category KK

Deck 4, category K

For a bit more but still afforadble, available is:

Deck 4, category I

Deck 4, category L

Deck 10, category I

Searching on here, looks like deck 4 can be noisy due to engines. I found some floorplans but I'm having a hard time making sense of it all and picking the quietest room. Again, I don't mind it being remote as long as it's relatively quiet considering the nature of budget accommodations.

From what you post, I think there is an easy choice.

I would take the Category JJ on Deck 9. Especially, if I could get one near midships.

Deck 9 has cabins above AND cabins below.

Deck 9 is between the "activity decks" which are 6-7 and 12-13.

The mid ship, mid deck location really makes it easy to get to any part of the ship...and it is still relatively quiet.

Archived