another person seeking "hotel help"

cruzobsessed

my t.a. recommended the caribe hilton so the other day we booked it for pre and post cruise next christmas. suddenly, every reveiw of this hotel is extremely unfavorable. i'm not sure that i can do anything at this point because many other hotels (i was told by my t.a.) are already booked. i am looking for someone that has had a pleasent experience there. do you exist???

my t.a. recommended the caribe hilton so the other day we booked it for pre and post cruise next christmas. suddenly, every reveiw of this hotel is extremely unfavorable. i'm not sure that i can do anything at this point because many other hotels (i was told by my t.a.) are already booked. i am looking for someone that has had a pleasent experience there. do you exist???

May depend on the room location you get. We stayed there 3 nights pre cruise, the first week of December and totally loved it. We were in the main building (not the "tower" building) on the 10th (top) floor. Service was great; hotel and room very clean, beach is gorgeous (and was never crowded during our visit anyway!). We did not eat any meals at the hotel so I can't help you there. But I would definitely visit again, even if it was a land vacation, not just pre or post cruise. Most of the reviews I read that were poor were from guests that stayed in the tower building or booked on a price line type source. Maybe it's true and the guests paying the lower rates receive the least favorable accomodations? We booked directly with Hilton, on line and paid $195 per night executive level (which includes continental Bfast, evening appetizers and cocktails, private check in-out and concierge). Let me know if you have any other specific questions.

i booked through my t.a. and we have a jr. suite also executive level. i don't know which bldg it is in. would you know? we paid on average (pre and post cruise have 2 different rates per night)$300. per night . there are 4 of us. it's bad enough paying anything and having a bad experience but when you pay this amount.....it's horrible. thanks for your good words.

Executive level should be on the 9th and 10th floor. The lounge is actually on the 9th floor. I think you'll be pleased with the property and resort. Just remember there isn't much within a short walking distance from the hotel. We found a small local Puerto Rican restaurant about 2 blocks away -- had good local flavor. Other than that, you'll have quite a hike to go anywhere. We did walk into OSJ one afternoon (about 35 minutes), but we love walking and seeing the off-the-tourist-path spots. We walked to the Condado area another day -- 40 minutes or so. Enjoy your vacation!

Archived