Please recommend ship for New England/Canada Cruise

I am interested in booking a New England/Canada cruise some time in 2011, so plenty of time to look into different cruise lines, etc. We would live in NJ, and need to drive to the port, so Bayonne is obviously the easiest. We are able to drive to New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore (are there others in the area?).

We want a nice comfortable accessible cabin with a balcony, and a ship that is wheelchair friendly. We need a cabin just for 2 people.

We have been on one cruise before, Explorer of the Seas out of Bayonne. We would like to try something different. As far as the ship's general atmosphere, we want something on the more calm side.

Any and all suggestions, information, and opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I am interested in booking a New England/Canada cruise some time in 2011, so plenty of time to look into different cruise lines, etc. We would live in NJ, and need to drive to the port, so Bayonne is obviously the easiest. We are able to drive to New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore (are there others in the area?).

We want a nice comfortable accessible cabin with a balcony, and a ship that is wheelchair friendly. We need a cabin just for 2 people.

We have been on one cruise before, Explorer of the Seas out of Bayonne. We would like to try something different. As far as the ship's general atmosphere, we want something on the more calm side.

Any and all suggestions, information, and opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Recommend highly Celebrity which this year is going out of Bayonne for a few trips to Canada - 7 nighter - Portland, Bar Harbor, Halifax and St. John. Right now pricing is good and ships are not full. Celebrity is classier than the Explorer - yes quieter, but still a great time. Ship is totally accessible. Bar Harbor is a tender port no matter what ship you take. The name of the ship is Summit - a M Class ship. Vicki:)

Thanks Vicki. Celebrity only has 2010, and I'm looking for 2011. Does Summit do the same routes every year? If so, when would you expect to see the itineraries for 2011?

In my original post, I forgot to ask about accessible excursions. Do you know of any?

Thanks again.

Check out Caribbean Princess. If you can book early enough the accessible cabins on the Caribe Deck have huge balconies and the rooms are very spacious. The accessible blacony rooms are basically the same size on all the decks just the balcony size varies. As far as activities it can be as quiet or as busy as you want. Hope this helps.

Thanks to all who have responded. Anyone else have suggestions? I'll wait a few more months and hopefully the 2011 itineraries will be out.

We sailed on the Eurodam from New York to Quebec City last September. It was great. Very accessible. Some of the ports are less so since tendering in is necessary.

If I were doing it again, I would do QC to new York. The airport in Quebec City is rather small and t he number of flights are limited. It is easier to get in than to get out.

Have a great trip.

Archived