Cabin location question...balcony sticks out??

Now I'm second guessing my room choice. I picked room 9079 based on how large the balcony looks.. didn't even think about the possible lack of privacy!? Do you think that people on deck 10 balconies will be able to look right down into mine? Could someone clue me in about these pictures or deck plans you got this info from? Thanks!

i think you should be fine with that location, because the deck plans from deck 10 look to have the same "bump" as deck 9. but again, the difficult aspect of all of this is that none of us really know what it's like since the ship hasn't sailed yet. but from what i see on deck 10, they will not be able to look down onto you in deck 9. that's my guess, but you can always try to get more info from someone who sails on that maiden voyage.....

i think you should be fine with that location, because the deck plans from deck 10 look to have the same "bump" as deck 9. but again, the difficult aspect of all of this is that none of us really know what it's like since the ship hasn't sailed yet. but from what i see on deck 10, they will not be able to look down onto you in deck 9. that's my guess, but you can always try to get more info from someone who sails on that maiden voyage.....

I agree with this. I think that the problem of being overlooked relates to deck 8 balconies and I am very happy that I moved from Deck 8 to 9.

I am very interested to see the size of all those balconies. Per the deck plan some look 3 times as big as the regular balcony room.

I love the afts on the RCCL ships. If they are as big as those balconies ,they are going to be great cabins.

Deck 13 Aft cabin balconies

2z56mnd.jpg

Thanks for all the pics so far! Really looking forward to more. :D

Those balconies do look huge, way bigger than the afts on the Jewel ships.

The question remains are the all that deep. Deck 13 is the highest level for aft balconies. Deck 10 (highest level) on Jewel class ships is more then twice as deep as the other aft balconies

The question remains are the all that deep. Deck 13 is the highest level for aft balconies. Deck 10 (highest level) on Jewel class ships is more then twice as deep as the other aft balconies

I'm assuming you meant the classification "balconies" NCL imposed (as in the BA) and not the highest level balconies physically as there are minis on deck 11 on the Jewel ships. The lower category BAs on deck 10s have larger and deeper balconies than the deck 11 minis.

You're right though, really no way to really tell if all the aft balconies are all this deep right now.

One thing I did notice though, since all the porthole balconies at the aft (not aft facing, just the ones facing out the two sides of the ship) all line up and with the near 90 degree vertical aft of the ship, I'm guessing that all of the aft facing rooms will be very similar.

Very good point! When you line up the deck plans at the elevators the aft rooms and balconies look the same size but there is no way to know for sure. I am on 11 but might check to see if there is anything open on 13.....

Very good point! When you line up the deck plans at the elevators the aft rooms and balconies look the same size but there is no way to know for sure. I am on 11 but might check to see if there is anything open on 13.....

Even looking at this picture full size it is almost imposible to tell if the other decks have balconies of the same depth. :confused:

http://media.shipspotting.com/uploads/photos/rw/1064844/Ship+Photo+NORWEGIAN+EPIC.jpg

Even looking at this picture full size it is almost imposible to tell if the other decks have balconies of the same depth. :confused:

When you drag and drop the deck plans for Epic on cruisedeckplans.com lining up the elevator they appear to be the same size but that probably means nothing. When you do it for the Jewel class deck 10 and 9 just don't line up resulting in the extended balcony.

Where did you find this picture? Is this at the NCL website? I thought I'd seen them all, but apparently not.

This is a great shot, btw. The aft balconies look huge!!

That person was on the ship during the sea trials.

Those balconies are huge, but they look rather like caves than balconies... Maybe the finished product will look different and gives off a more "open to the ocean" feel.

Where did you find this picture? Is this at the NCL website? I thought I'd seen them all, but apparently not.

This is a great shot, btw. The aft balconies look huge!!

I thought my user name would have given it away :D

I have made a mistake though these balcony's are on deck 14 they are just don't appear in the brochure

I have made a mistake though these balcony's are on deck 14 they are just don't appear in the brochure

Yes. Your user name did stand out, but I didn't think we'd be lucky enough to get someone who ACTUALLY TOOK the picture. LOL I swear I'm not a blonde.

So that's deck 14.. When you said AFT, you didn't mean stern. I thought they were stern facing balconies.

Deck 14 Stern is the Spa.

Thanks for sharing!!!!

Oh that make more sense if it's the spa balcony instead of a cabin balcony.

Ok, I reserved a BA aft on deck 13 and got excited for a minute because that would be my cabin's balcony. Are you sure the pics are actually deck 14? Even so, I don't think my balcony will be much smaller (wishful thinking here).

Thanks for the great photo!!

Ok' date=' I reserved a BA aft on deck 13 and got excited for a minute because that would be my cabin's balcony. Are you sure the pics are actually deck 14? Even so, I don't think my balcony will be much smaller (wishful thinking here).

Thanks for the great photo!![/quote']

I'm almost 100% sure that's the starboard side spa balcony. You can see some of the makeshift poles in another exterior picture of the aft of the ship.

What I find weird, what's with the sliding doors? And what appears to be individual rooms behind the sliding doors.

I'm not a spa goer so I'm not sure if that's the norm or what, but it looks odd.

Now I'm second guessing my room choice. I picked room 9079 based on how large the balcony looks.. didn't even think about the possible lack of privacy!? Do you think that people on deck 10 balconies will be able to look right down into mine? Could someone clue me in about these pictures or deck plans you got this info from? Thanks!

We had a cabin nearer the front of the ship, and the photos made the balconies look large but very enclosed, so on checking with NCL (they said they didn't know) we changed on their advice to 9079 - and I have just seen your posting, so we have the same cabin now! We go December 2010 - check it out for me! Hope I made a good decision to change.

We had a cabin nearer the front of the ship, and the photos made the balconies look large but very enclosed, so on checking with NCL (they said they didn't know) we changed on their advice to 9079 - and I have just seen your posting, so we have the same cabin now! We go December 2010 - check it out for me! Hope I made a good decision to change.

We are in 9077 in September. I will be able to get a good feel for any privacy issues regarding 9079 (can I see them/can they see me/can those above look down/can I look up etc) then and report back.

My suspicion looking at the plans is that deck 9 looks down on the balconies of deck 8 but from deck 9 upwards the side of the ship is sheer and balconies are stacked directly above each other.

Archived