Emarkation Lunch Recommendation

fdpevey

We will be leaving from Miami on the Sky 4-day cruise to the Bahamas February 15 ... and we are excited to celebrate our retirement with our first trip on NCL!

Since we are NCL Newbies, can those of your with NCL experience give us some lunch advice - I was unclear about this with the posts I could find? Is one of the MDRs open for lunch during embarkation? What about the speciality restaurants? I know the buffet will be there ... but our experience on other lines is that the buffet can be more chaotic than we like to begin our relaxing.

Since we are staying in Miami a few days before the cruise, we will probably arrive around noon. Your recommendations for the embarkation lunch are appreciated.

Thanks

We will be leaving from Miami on the Sky 4-day cruise to the Bahamas February 15 ... and we are excited to celebrate our retirement with our first trip on NCL!

Since we are NCL Newbies, can those of your with NCL experience give us some lunch advice - I was unclear about this with the posts I could find? Is one of the MDRs open for lunch during embarkation? What about the speciality restaurants? I know the buffet will be there ... but our experience on other lines is that the buffet can be more chaotic than we like to begin our relaxing.

Since we are staying in Miami a few days before the cruise, we will probably arrive around noon. Your recommendations for the embarkation lunch are appreciated.

Thanks

Unless you are one of the first to board, you are correct that the buffet area becomes a madhouse as people sit around waiting for the room s to be available. Yes one of the MDRs is open for lunch. The other MDR and specialties are not. Ask the hostess that hands you the champagne when you board which MDR it is and how to get there. They try to steer you to the buffet, but just ask.

Like cvanhorn said, anyone you ask tries their best to get you to go to the buffet. The MDR that is open will be listed on the daily they hand you when you board. Very near the buffet is Lladiago (sp??) They have personal Pizzas and Pasta. Pretty good. Almost no one knew they were open. We had lunch there on embarkation. Us and one other couple there.

No matter what anyone tells you when you board, head to the MDR and enjoy a quiet lunch. Do not eat too much, cause you will then go topside an find some more food. Remember, that when it nears MUSTER DRILL time, everything will close.

Like cvanhorn said, anyone you ask tries their best to get you to go to the buffet. The MDR that is open will be listed on the daily they hand you when you board. Very near the buffet is Lladiago (sp??) They have personal Pizzas and Pasta. Pretty good. Almost no one knew they were open. We had lunch there on embarkation. Us and one other couple there.

We did exactly that- my son was thrilled with the Pizza there and we were the ONLY ones there! VERY nice and quiet compared to the insane buffet area! I was going to post that earlier but I couldn't remember the name of the place! Thanks Big Steve :D.

Unless you are one of the first to board, you are correct that the buffet area becomes a madhouse as people sit around waiting for the room s to be available. Yes one of the MDRs is open for lunch. The other MDR and specialties are not. Ask the hostess that hands you the champagne when you board which MDR it is and how to get there. They try to steer you to the buffet, but just ask.

What Champagne, I heard that was discontinued:confused:

No matter what anyone tells you when you board, head to the MDR and enjoy a quiet lunch.

Absolutely correct. I have found you get steered to the buffet.

We make it a point to have our first meal(embarkation lunch) and our last meal(disembarkation breakfast) in the MDR. It is a nice quiet time for lunch before exploring the ship. We sit with our ship's map and familiarize ourselves with the layout.

The last breakfast in the MDR is nice a quiet to prepare for the long travel day home.

GO TO THE MDR.

What Champagne, I heard that was discontinued:confused:

Okay, theystill had it on our Nov 1 Dawn cruise and I haven't kept up with the NCL board much. Not surprised though. Only takeaway I really miss was the ships pins they use to give along with your past guest invitation to the Captains cocktail party.

Okay, theystill had it on our Nov 1 Dawn cruise and I haven't kept up with the NCL board much. Not surprised though. Only takeaway I really miss was the ships pins they use to give along with your past guest invitation to the Captains cocktail party.

No big deal to me it they can keep their prices low. That is awesome that the MDR is open at embarkment, I'll definetly go there to eat then up the deck so DH can smoke. Thanks for the info.

Archived