Celebrity Ship Help

gopher's girl

Hi everyone -

After 3 Princess cruises I feel that I am ready to try another line. I am satisfied by Princess but really not "dazzled" by them. Thought I would get some Celebrity-friendly opinions on this board.

I enjoy the mid and large size ships, and I always book a balcony cabin. Would anyone share their thoughts on great Celebrity ships and cabin categories. I am in my mid-20s and might cruise with my family in the next year or so (parents in their 50s, siblings in their early 20s).

I had a friend who sailed Celebrity almost 10 years ago and really enjoyed herself. Thanks for any help.

GG

I would reccomend the M class ships , Millennium, Infinity, Summit or Constellation. If you can get a balcony on the back of the ship grab it, they are great. Larger than your normal balcony with some cover and some sun.

If you are looking for a neat drivabe itinerary, Look at the Constellation out of Cape Liberty New Jersey. Charleston SC, St. Thomas, Great Exuma Bahama, Nassau, San Juan and back to New Jersey. 12 days of luxury

Chessbriar beat me to it...but, here goes anyway:

Yes, try one of the M-Class ships...which one doesn't matter all that much, choose by itinerary...All four are the same size and layout...

The ships are very roomy compared to others I've sailed...

For example, I was on a 70,000 Gross ton Princess ship with over 2,100 passengers...Yet, the M-Class ships, sailing at full capacity, double occupancy, sail with 1,950 passengers--but with 91,000 Gross tons...

In case you don't know, Gross tonnage is a measure of size and volume, not of weight...This means the M-Class have an outstanding space-to-passenger ratio...

The Crew-to-passenger ratios are outstanding as well...

Good luck...

Would anyone share their thoughts on great Celebrity ships and cabin categories.GG

The advice you've received is precisely what I'd have given you. You've been pointed to the Concierge Class cabins FAR AFT (back of the boat' date=' no kidding) on Decks 7, 8 or 9. We have often decided the specific date for a cruise based upon availability of one of these.

One of the other things I can wholeheartedly agree with is the general feeling of space. I've turned into the "official videographer" (i.e., my pictures turn out better, so I get stuck with the job) for our family vacations, and I always use "at sea" days to take the pictures of the ship itself, inside and out. When we return and play the DVD's for someone who hasn't sailed Celebrity, they always want to know where all the people are! Mind you, these pics are taken when everybody who's [u']going[/u] to be on the boat is on the boat. My wife and I have never seen a time, even during at sea days, where we couldn't find a nice area of public space that was unoccupied (or very nearly so) to enjoy all by ourselves.

Another BIG thing you'll notice that is quite different from most of the lines is the lack of announcements all day long. Typically, we hear announcements a) muster drill before we depart on day #1, b) on port days, once in the morning to advise when we can depart the ship, and from which deck location, c) on at-sea days, once at noon to advise ship's position and status, d) disembarkation calls for luggage tag color when it's time to go home. That's it. If you've sailed on lines that announce every on-board event, you'll really appreciate the difference in tone that it sets for the entire cruise.

Hi!

I'll echo the sentiments of the other posters. We have had good cruises on Princess (12/10-12/20 Coral to the Panama Canal), but definitely prefer the cuisine and service on Celebrity. We just booked the 11/10/05 9 night repo on the Constellation. All the choice cabins mentioned were already booked but still landed in a mid-ship CC at a great rate.

Give Celebrity a try. I bet you'll like it!

Archived