Luggage

Just got my tickets for Red Sea Cruise, I paid the supplement for the extra 5 kgs and it states on my ticket that i can take 28kgs, my TA say's I can take a maximum of 23 kgs per case, so can i take 2 cases adding up to 28kgs?

Or just to add to the confusion can my wife and I take 3 cases adding up to 56kgs.

Just before anyone say's "you don't need that much luggage" let me tell you that (she does)) I mean we do!!!

Thanks

BS

Hi,

It says in the brochure "Customers who have pre paid for an additional check in allowance which places them over the 23kg limit must check in an additional bag".

So if you've both paid for the extra it looks like you'll be fine with 2 bags each.

Berwyn

Just got my tickets for Red Sea Cruise, I paid the supplement for the extra 5 kgs and it states on my ticket that i can take 28kgs, my TA say's I can take a maximum of 23 kgs per case, so can i take 2 cases adding up to 28kgs?

Or just to add to the confusion can my wife and I take 3 cases adding up to 56kgs.

Just before anyone say's "you don't need that much luggage" let me tell you that (she does)) I mean we do!!!

Thanks

BS

Hi

Know what you mean about confusion we had this problem in May. The new ruling for luggage allowance had only just come in then and everyone we spoke to told us different. I ended up phoning Thomsons and finally got the correct info she even sent it to me by E mail so I could take the info to the airport with me incase we had any problems.

If you have paid for 1 extra 5kgs you have to put the 28kgs in 2 bags (which is very annoying because you loose a lot of the extra on the weight of an additional bag). These were then weighed together at the airport.Then the third bag is the 23kg allowance.

We ended up searching round to find a sturdy but lightweight holdall. In the end you don't end up benefiting much for paying for the extra(which is also very annoying cos you don't get told this when you book.):(

Hope this helps

Mary

We were on the red sea cruise over christmas with an extra week in Sharm and we also paid for an extra 5kg prior to departure. Going out we had two bags one with 25kg the other with 26kg, coming back we bought another holdall and came back with 2 suitcases , one holdall, two pieces of hand luggage. Total weight of hold luggage 61kg with no extra to pay ( just lucky I think, we had been delayed for 2 days and dont think they had the heart to charge), My hubby refuses to pay ever again for extra baggage in advance as he says this just encourages me to pack the kitchen sink, but it was a fabulous holiday even with the delays. I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

We were on the red sea cruise over christmas with an extra week in Sharm and we also paid for an extra 5kg prior to departure. Going out we had two bags one with 25kg the other with 26kg, coming back we bought another holdall and came back with 2 suitcases , one holdall, two pieces of hand luggage. Total weight of hold luggage 61kg with no extra to pay ( just lucky I think, we had been delayed for 2 days and dont think they had the heart to charge), My hubby refuses to pay ever again for extra baggage in advance as he says this just encourages me to pack the kitchen sink, but it was a fabulous holiday even with the delays. I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Hi Jessie

You were very lucky to get away with that.:) I suppose it depends which airport you go from or as you say because of the horrible delay.:eek:

We heard of quite a few people being stopped and were pushing stuff from their cases into the hand luggage. We met 2 women on the ship who were looking after 2 quite badly disabled people in wheelchairs they were really upset about what happened at the airport as they had to try and empty some things from their cases in a public area which was hassle they could have done without.

As I said though these new rules had not been out long when we travelled so they may have relaxed them a bit now. I wouldn't want to risk it though it would be my luck to have all my smalls on display:eek: what a thought!!!!

Mary

Archived