Zakynthos

mare s.

We are stopping here on our Azamara cruise but, as yet, there have been no shore excursions offered by Azamara. I know there are private tours to the Blue Caves but the tour operator emailed me that their boats leave at 8:30 am and we are not scheduled to arrive in Zakythos until 8 am (and it's a tender port) Any suggestions?

• 2 months later...

Hi There

Not sure if you have already found your answer to The Blue Caves as I have only just found your question. I have been there numerous times with a tour company based in Alykes in Zante. The trip runs twice a day from Alykes or Alykanas beach and it is super with only approx 25 people on board at a time and from recollection it was around €15 each leaving at 11am and 2pm and lasting approx 2 hours which is ample time. Fabulous trip and you book direct with them on the jetty in Alykes which is approx 20 mins from Zante Town.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much...I hadn't figured it out and this seems a great option! Azamara posted its excursions and they are both to the interior of the island and nothing to the Caves. So do you just take a taxi to Alykes?

mare

Archived