"Anytime Dining"

AtoZgirl

I haven't read too many people talking about their experience with 'anytime dining'. My boyfriend and I have chosen this option on our cruise coming up in late February. I love the idea and did it on NCL a few years back.

Could you please fill me in on your experience?

- What ship were you on and when?

- What dining room do you go to?

- What time did you usually go to the dining room to eat?

- How long was the wait?

- Any other helpful information!

We just did the Your time dining on the Dream this month. It worked out great for our family and I love that you decide each day when you want to eat. We would usually go around 7-7:30 and the most we waited was maybe 10 minutes (elegant night). They gave us a beeper that time. Just booked the Liberty and will be doing Your time dining once again. Have a great cruise!

We had Your Time Dining on the Legend a couple weeks ago and LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it.

We went at all different times between the hours of 5:45 and 9:15, which is what the beauty of YTD is... go when everyone is ready to go eat dinner. We never went before 6:30 or so as best I recall.

There were four of us, and we never had a wait. Oh wait... yes, we did have about a 5 minute (or less) wait one night, and they gave us a beeper thing, which buzzed as soon as we went to sit down outside the dining room.

On the Legend, one side of the upper dining room is for YTD. We had fantastic service, almost better than our traditional dining experiences. The flexibility of it all is most appealing... when to dine and who to dine with. We will certainly choose YTD from now on.

Did I say how much we LOVED it? :D

I loved any time dining and will always pick that option if available.

Yes you can be seated with just the three of you. The hostess will ask if you want to sit with just your family or if you want company. I did it on the Fantasy and LOVED it.

I loved any time dining and will always pick that option if available.

Yes you can be seated with just the three of you. The hostess will ask if you want to sit with just your family or if you want company. I did it on the Fantasy and LOVED it.

Ok thanks! This will be great with my toddler. :D

I wish they had this option before, so I can't wait to try it out.

I haven't read too many people talking about their experience with 'anytime dining'. My boyfriend and I have chosen this option on our cruise coming up in late February. I love the idea and did it on NCL a few years back.

- What ship were you on and when?

- What dining room do you go to?

- What time did you usually go to the dining room to eat?

- How long was the wait?

- Any other helpful information!

We had any time dining on the Ecstasy that sailed Jan. 18

Wind Star

6:30-7:00 pm

Only waited one night--the last. I think it was 10-15 minutes.

Loved the flexibility of arriving when we were hungry instead of a set time. Had different tablemates each night. So got to meet a variety of people. No problems with wait staff. They were still efficient and friendly.

Will do it when we sail again.

Carnival dream- Jan 16-23

Crimson Deck 4 forward

asked for table for 2-- always available-- but we ate about 8pm or so

couple got engaged rite next to us!!

the wait was maybe 8 min or less

staff always puts on their little dance skit in each dining choice

donnakg

Thanks for all the great responses so far! Keep 'em coming :o)

I think 'Your Time Dining' (sorry for the original mistake) is going to end up being a big hit with Carnival and I know I'm going to love it!

Looks like we'll go and eat whenever we feel like it on our upcoming cruise (seeing as many people don't wait long or at all!!)

- What ship were you on and when? Victory - Jan. 3, 2010

- What dining room do you go to? - Atlantic deck 4 only

- What time did you usually go to the dining room to eat? - Between 8:00 and 8:30

- How long was the wait? - usually only 5-10 minutes in line. Twice we were given pagers and it took maybe half an hour at most (went to get a drink. barely had time)

- Any other helpful information!- We loved the freedom of it, and that you can sit with just 2 of you (which we did for our anniversary) or with new friends you've recently met onboard (which we did most nights), or strangers (didn't actually. Only at breakfast). You can still ask for a particular waiter's section. You may or may not get it depending how busy they are.

I had Anytime Dining on the Pride in October and am Waitlisted for it for the Dream in March and loved it. We only waited one night because we wanted to wait for a certain crew (Isa, Lazaro and Anok were great!). Very nice deciding when I wanted to eat and not being set to a specific time. We usually went about mid way between the two every night.

Archived