Cruise and safari? Which is best?

ddcruiser

DH and I are wondering which cruise lines offer the best coastal Africa cruise as well as a safari component. Or do you have to book a cruise separately and then book the safari as well? We are considering Oceania, Silver Seas. Are there other possibilities? Thanks for any help. Ddcruiser

• 3 weeks later...

Oceania and Silver Seas are wonderful cruise lines, considered premium (means luxurious and pricey!)

Many of the mainstream cruise lines also offer Africa safari/cruise combinations which will be very nice and less expensive.

It depends what you want to do and what you want to spend.

We had a great safari/cruise with Princess. Check out our review and pics at http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/safari.html

Absolutely the best advice I can give you is to find a good local Travel Agent who is a CLIA Accredited Cruise Counselor (look for the agent's diploma on the wall, not just an agency sticker). Ask your friends and co-workers for a recommendation. The service is entirely free to you. ACC's are trained to find the very best cruise for you, after learning your personal situation and preferences, and work hard to get you the very best rate.

I appreciate your info and pics of your Princess cruise. We tried Princess last spring and I swore not to do another with them due to poor food, service, and smoking almost everywhere. But your experience has me rethinking Princess and I will check their cruises out. Oceania is very long--too long for us to be away--and Silversea may not do its East Coast cruises--at least not Mombasa.

Thanks again,

Ddcruiser

Archived