Jost Van Dyke - on own or through Celebrity?

Amber14

We want to go to White Bay & Soggy Dollar and want the most time there. If we do it on our own we will catch the 10:00 ferry there and the 2:00 ferry back which should give us about 2 1/2 hours at the beach, right? The Celebrity excursion is 4 1/2 hours and starts at 8:30. It sounds like it leaves from Road Town so maybe it will take less time to get there and we could have more time there??? Is this possible?

Anybody been on this excursion and can give us some advice?

If we do it on our own, does the ferry ever sell out so that we would not be able to get there or even worse to return?

Thanks for any help you can give us!!!

I too would like to know this!

Can anyone help us? I would like to spend as much time there as possible and wanted to do it on my own, but have the same concerns as Amber14.

Amber14, When will you be there? I will be there on March 15th.

Don't know which is best. JVD, Cane Garden Bay, Peter Island or Virgin Gorda.

• 1 month later...
We want to go to White Bay & Soggy Dollar and want the most time there. If we do it on our own we will catch the 10:00 ferry there and the 2:00 ferry back which should give us about 2 1/2 hours at the beach, right? The Celebrity excursion is 4 1/2 hours and starts at 8:30. It sounds like it leaves from Road Town so maybe it will take less time to get there and we could have more time there??? Is this possible?

Anybody been on this excursion and can give us some advice?

If we do it on our own, does the ferry ever sell out so that we would not be able to get there or even worse to return?

Thanks for any help you can give us!!!

Hello! Looking at something similiar- The Celebrity excursion leaves at 8:30 and returns at 1:00. Our ship doesnt leave until 5:00 and I'd like to stay at JVD longer-with this excursion, how much time is spent going from the ship to island and back; how much time do you actually get at JVD? Is there a way to get back to the ship if one chooses to stay longer (reliably, of course).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We did the tour through Celebrity and it was great!! You don't have to worry about catching a ferry back. We went over on a chartered ferry boat but were transferred to a "barge" which brought us right up to the beach. Soggy Dollar is a nice place for a drink, but nothing compares to the fun we had at Gertrudes!!! It was by far the best day of our cruise!!

• 1 month later...

TortolaCharters.com does a lot of the tours for cruise ships and they also do it for less directly - they leave directly from the cruise pier in tortola - my wife and I do it with them each time were there on a cruise - they go straight to the beach at Jost - no taxi needed - nice big catamaran also.

TortolaCharters.com does a lot of the tours for cruise ships and they also do it for less directly - they leave directly from the cruise pier in tortola - my wife and I do it with them each time were there on a cruise - they go straight to the beach at Jost - no taxi needed - nice big catamaran also.

Thank you so much for the information!!! I have been hunting for a while to find something like this. The ferry did not seem to allow a lot of time on Jost, the cruise ship excursion is not usually our thing, but this looks perfect.

You've solved my Jost Van Dyke problem!!!

Tortola Charters is awesome! We did it two months ago and it was the highlight of our trip. We spent about 4 hours on the beach, we fell in love with Yost Van Dyke and would recommend the trip to anyone who is planning a trip to the BVI!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, We are a group of 4 on the NCL DAWN 10/22/10 trip, in Tortola 10/25/10 I'm Kevin B. I sailed this same cruise in March and had a very nice time. Jost Van Dyke is a great relaxing day on very nice stretch of beach.

I just booked us with Tortola charters on the Jost Van Dyke Sea Ray. Mention my name if anyone wants to join us on 10/25/10 and maybe I'll share a painkilla or 2 or 3 with ya! (Nilla Killas are my Favorite)

http://tortolacharters.com/excursion...an-dyke-tours/

send email to billdyess@hotmail.com

Captain Bill says if this boat gets full, they have another. Rate is $55 pp (NCL tour is $79) save the money and buy some painkillers! woohoo!

If you contact tortola charters for sailings on another day, feel free to metion my name to Capt. Bill, Kevin B. from NCL Dawn. He promised to keep my glass full for anyone who mentions my name during a booking before 10/25. If your on my sailing date, I may be inclined to share a painkiller or two.

Blue skies, white sand, clear blue water and a cold drink, what more could you want. :)

Hi everyone, We are a group of 4 on the NCL DAWN 10/22/10 trip, in Tortola 10/25/10 I'm Kevin B. I sailed this same cruise in March and had a very nice time. Jost Van Dyke is a great relaxing day on very nice stretch of beach.

I just booked us with Tortola charters on the Jost Van Dyke Sea Ray. Mention my name if anyone wants to join us on 10/25/10 and maybe I'll share a painkilla or 2 or 3 with ya! (Nilla Killas are my Favorite)

http://tortolacharters.com/excursion...an-dyke-tours/

Captain Bill says if this boat gets full, they have another. Rate is $55 pp (NCL tour is $79) save the money and buy some painkillers! woohoo!

If you contact tortola charters for sailings on another day, feel free to metion my name to Capt. Bill, Kevin B. from NCL Dawn. He promised to keep my glass full for anyone who mentions my name during a booking before 10/25. If your on my sailing date, I may be inclined to share a painkiller or two.

Blue skies, white sand, clear blue water and a cold drink, what more could you want. :)

The link above doesn't always work, so try

Using this link - http://tortolacharters.com then choose Jost Van Dyke Tours on the right to see a description.

Just booked our trip to JVD through Tortolla Charters for when we port in Tortola. Heard a lot of good things about them and can't wait. By using them directly we saved $24.00 dollars a person!

Archived