Denali Natural History Tour

cruisecat63076

I checked on this last summer as our cruisetour also included the Natural History Tour and I wanted the Tundra Wilderness Tour. We had the opportunity to upgrade to the TWT (I think the cost was an additional $60) but they were only offering afternoon departures at that time. Since we wanted to go in the morning we just booked it on our own and sacrificed the $40 or so that they would have credited us if we had upgraded thru Princess. We had great wildlife sightings and felt it was well worth the extra money.

We decided not to take the natural history tour because we are white water rafting that day. We called our TA and got a credit on our balance due. You can either upgrade - if available for the time you want - or get a full credit and book thru someone else. Hope you get what you want.

• 2 months later...

We will be doing a Princess Alaska cruisetour in July, and we're trying to decide how to handle the tour of Denali. The Natural History tour is included, but from what I've read, we should go at least 63 miles into the park. I saw on cruisecritic where you booked your own tour. Did you reserve it in advance or when you got to Denali? How did you get to the park from the hotel? Did you do the Tundra Wilderness tour or just take one of the park shuttles?

I appreciate any info you have to offer.

We will be doing a Princess Alaska cruisetour in July, and we're trying to decide how to handle the tour of Denali. The Natural History tour is included, but from what I've read, we should go at least 63 miles into the park. I saw on cruisecritic where you booked your own tour. Did you reserve it in advance or when you got to Denali? How did you get to the park from the hotel? Did you do the Tundra Wilderness tour or just take one of the park shuttles?

I appreciate any info you have to offer.

I would go over to the Alaska board. You can reserve both the shuttle via website in advance. You can also reserve the tundra via website but I would probably do it through Princess as you have already paid for the cheaper tour.

Archived