Question about Fun Ship Dollars

CarolR

We purchased Fun Ship Dollars for family members for Christmas to use on our upcoming family cruise. I read on the Carnival Forums that you had to mail them in minimum 15 days prior to the cruise to have them applied as an onboard credit. Can anyone confirm this. I would think that you could just present them at the pursers desk and have them applied to your account.

I have used them for our last four cruises, and have given them as gifts to family members cruising with us. We just take them with us and give them to the purser and have them applied to our account. We have never had any trouble with them. One time when I order the funship dollars over the phone, the agent told me to dissregard the part that said that they had to be mailed in. He said just to bring them to the pursers desk.

I usually do not do it on the first day, since it is usually pretty busy. I wait until a few days in when the desk is not so crowded.

Claudia

We purchased Fun Ship Dollars for family members for Christmas to use on our upcoming family cruise. I read on the Carnival Forums that you had to mail them in minimum 15 days prior to the cruise to have them applied as an onboard credit. Can anyone confirm this. I would think that you could just present them at the pursers desk and have them applied to your account.

You do not have to mail them in. You go to the purser's desk immediately after checking in and they will apply them to your S/S account. I don't even know why they print that on the certificates. We've used them for cruises for years, (maybe 4 years ago being the first time). They've always had the instructions on there to send them in ahead of time, but we always bring them with us and they are immediately added to our OBC. I have purchased some for our upcoming cruise and plan to do the same...

Archived