UK singles?

danielle01

Hi, everyone on here seems to be located in the US or Canada. Is there anyone travelling from the UK later this year? If so, can you recommend where you would go from i.e. Southampton or would you fly to Miami (seems a long flight on your own). Im newly separated and a bit nervous about travelling alone but have done cruising before on P&O and RCL just not on my own. Any tips please?

Hi Danielle01

I am single and always go on holiday on my own. This is the first year that I have booked a cruise and have booked a fly cruise with Princess cruises for November from Gatwick to Barbados for a 16 day caribbean cruise. Although I am nervous, I am very excited as well.

Hi Danielle,

I am female and travel solo alot and am taking my first trip on a large ship this August, crossing from Southampton to New York on the QM2.

I am looking forward to it, but am also a bit nervous. The nervousness won't stop the enjoyment, it is just, for me, a part of approaching a new experience.

I love solo travel. If you keep yourself open to both new friendships and the pleasures of your own company, you will love it too.

UK women are lovely. BTW - Have your booked your cruise and date, if so whats the details? Lastly, what fun things do you like to do and experiences. Write back soon. Thanks.

:eek: This is one of the creepiest posts I have ever read on here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There- I have just come back from a P& O cruise on Ventura to the caribbean. This was my first trip on my own ( I am a widow and aged 55 +). I was a bit apprehensive but I had a fabulous time.The flight from Glasgow was great and once I had checked in my luggage was next seen in my stateroom on board later that evening.I would advise you to attend any solo meeting arranged onboard as this is a great way to meet others in the same situation. The group were good fun and I only regret not meeting them all sooner. I did feel at times that I was invisible as in general the crew appeared to attend to couples as a priority before dealing with a woman on her own. This was a minor irritation however and I have already booked next years cruise. I loved every minute.

Archived