Veendam out of Tampa

richkat

Now that we're living in the Tampa Bay area, we'd love to just cruise out of our home port. Anybody cruised on the Veendam out of Tampa? We've been on the previous Westerdam and the Volendam. Wondering how we would like the Veendam. Any reports?

Thanks.

-- R&K

In addition to Sail, several other regulars here are just coming off the Veendam. We should be hearing more about her Tampa cruises soon.

We have not sailed on her yet, but are booked for November 26 and looking forward to that. We have sailed from Tampa three times in the last few years and we found it very easy and pleasant.

I took the Veendam out of Tampa on a Western Caribbean cruise a few years ago. I found it was convienient to the airport and I must admit I enjoyed the cruise. I have had three cruises on the Veendam and have enjoyed each one. She is the newest of the "S" class ships but she is no longer new. She came on line in the Summer of 1996.

Himself

Now that we're living in the Tampa Bay area, we'd love to just cruise out of our home port. Anybody cruised on the Veendam out of Tampa? We've been on the previous Westerdam and the Volendam. Wondering how we would like the Veendam. Any reports?

Thanks.

-- R&K

My wife and I did 2 years ago on a New Year's cruise. We met quite a few people who were from the Tampa area and told us they quite regularly book discounted fares for cruises within a month of sailing. They watch prices, call HAL, and when the price drops load up and go.

Frankly, I'm sort of looking forward to retiring so that I can have the luxury of catching a last minute cruise.

We live in Pasco cty and have taken the V-dam twice:

7 day western

14 day repo -panama canal TPA to San Diego

We both love this size ship, and service has been quite good(we took a 7 day eastern on sister ship Maasdam--and service not as good)

Don't expect nitelife

Western waters cool in early spring,, and windy causing some problems getting to ports of call.

Have fun--it's a good ship!

Archived