Lunch on Celebration.

Not usually, unless you pay for a snack pack, with water, crisps, fruit etc. which was £3.95 a couple of years ago (sorry I can't be more up to date)

I have seen people stock up at breakfast in the buffet. We usually have a good breakfast and that sees us through until we return and then perhaps take afternoon tea when we get back aboard.

One things for sure, you won't go hungry!

You may even want to treat yourself while you are out and about in a local cafe or bistro to sample some local cuisine or watch the world go by. All inclusive doesn't mean you can only eat and drink while on the ship!!!:)

It depends where you are cruising - there are strict rules about not taking food off the ship in most countries.

We have sailed Celebration twice and not found any offer to make up lunch. They do sell bottles of pop, water, crisps and snacks to take off - usually in the main theatre each morning.

We have seen people making up sandwiches in a morning and sneaking them off but if they get caught, they get into serious trouble.

x

Do what we do. Get up early and make sure you get a good feed at breakfast. Then apart from a small snack we might buy cheaply in the afternoon we don't need food till we get back. And I'm the worst for continual grazing :D

Berwyn

Make yourself up a load of bacon rolls in the Lido before you go out for the day. The young waiters dont care and will not say anything anyway.:D

You could also make lots of cups of tea and pour them into a flask (provided you take your own). Why not take some cling film or some Tuppaware. Don't forget the knotted hankies for your head and the bicycle clips for your trousers:rolleyes:

You could also make lots of cups of tea and pour them into a flask (provided you take your own). Why not take some cling film or some Tuppaware. Don't forget the knotted hankies for your head and the bicycle clips for your trousers:rolleyes:

What a good idea! I can carry round asda bags too to put my stuff in.

After all, the foods all paid for anyway so its not like your doing them out of money.

What a good idea! I can carry round asda bags too to put my stuff in.

After all, the foods all paid for anyway so its not like your doing them out of money.

No no no, this is a THOMSON ship, not P&O - Sainsburys bags would be far more appropriate:D, please don't insult us again!

I'm sure I've seen you on Ocean Village!

you could also make lots of cups of tea and pour them into a flask (provided you take your own). Why not take some cling film or some tuppaware. Don't forget the knotted hankies for your head and the bicycle clips for your trousers:rolleyes:

lol - :-)

It,s terrible to laugh but it is so :D :D :D

mrs.c

No no no, this is a THOMSON ship, not P&O - Sainsburys bags would be far more appropriate:D, please don't insult us again!

I'm sure I've seen you on Ocean Village!

You'd be very suprised.

If i was reading a copy of the sun then yes it was :D

Im usually found in the bars syringing alcohol out of glasses and putting it into my own bottles if we get AI free, to drink when we get home. Otherwise its usually at the buffet hoarding food and making packups for every eventuality. To be sure to be sure, you never know.

Joking aside, the answer is no there is no packed lunch as such provided by the ship. You can have a huge breakfast, either in the restaurant or at the buffet, which will last a long while!

We always have lunch ashore as we like to sample the local food and drink while on holiday. I know we've paid for all our food on the ship should we want it but for us the foreign food is an important part of our holiday experience.

Carol x

And please remember to smile at the police as they lock you up for importing foodstuffs into their country. :eek:

The food will already have been checked and cleared with customs due to the ship based in LRM for the winter or possibly even supplied by those in the caribbean (namely perishable and fresh)

Anyhow, you dont go through customs where you have to declare items for a start nor are they as strict as the likes of australia/NZ

And please remember to smile at the police as they lock you up for importing foodstuffs into their country.

Put the cheese slices under your arms and the kippers in your knickers and you might just go unnoticed in most of the countries on the itinery

Don't take the milk, just the cornflakes and you should be OK ;)

"M'excuse monsieur, cet est-il une banane dans votre poche?"

Smiling politely "No I'm just pleased to see you!"

Moderator: I apologise in advance for my pityful attempt at humour and sorry to anyone easily offended, i'm only joking (put the cheese in your shoes!)

The food will already have been checked and cleared with customs due to the ship based in LRM for the winter or possibly even supplied by those in the caribbean (namely perishable and fresh)

Anyhow, you dont go through customs where you have to declare items for a start nor are they as strict as the likes of australia/NZ

Eh! Pardon, Caribbean!

I will swear that the Thomsons Celebration is in the Red Sea, at least it was a fortnight ago when I was aboard :confused:

Why i had destiny in my head i have no idea.

Same applies for egypt.

I will have to wait until next winter for the Destiny in the C. and nearly 4 months until my next cruise :(

I am suffering withdrawal symptoms and am pining for the Fjords, Med, Atlantic. ANYWHERE :D

Hi i have recenty returned from the Red sea cruise on the Thomson Celebration when we went on an all day trip we received a snack box inclusind fruit, crisps, juice, crackers and cheese

There you go ,,,problem solved :D

mrs.c

Agreed if you are on an all-day ship excursion you will be fed, either a picnic as described or a meal at a local restaurant or barbecue on a beach/boat depending on the trip. This will be specified in the booking details for the excursion.

Carol x

I hope we get a snack pack, my hubby will be very upset if he misses out on free munchies. ha ha He's also looking forward to midnight hotdogs ! lol He's already in holiday mode and we don't go until the 18th Feb, it's all I can do to stop him from raiding the fridge as if it were a buffet. Having spent all of January on a health kick ! :D

Archived