ryndam category E vs FF?

sr5242

Nope. The E rooms are simply one deck higher and are basically the same room.

We were in a Quad F for a two week trip and thought that the room was great. Other than the fact that it did not have a balcony, but on the Ryndam they are in rather short supply.

Main deck E versus A deck FF? No, no difference in value. Both are prone to engine noise, thruster noise, and vibration.

A deck E would be significantly better than A deck FF IMO - nice midship location. No problem with mechanical noise or vibration.

For March 28 Ryndam out of Tampa, the HAL website shows an E being $60 pp more expensive than an FF...not the $400 price difference you cite. However, one discount online travel agency is offering E cabins for $20 pp cheaper than FF! For the same price as an A deck category FF, on that site you could get a partially obstructed DD on lower promenade deck. I'm very fond of lower prom deck, with "the biggest balcony on the ship", the public teak promenade. (On the HAL site, a DD is $20 pp more than an E)

I'd prefer either an A deck E or a lower prom deck DD to an A deck FF.

For me, it's not about the category - it's about the specific cabin and the specific location. My last post was about the vast size difference between inside category J cabins on Noordam, depending on which deck the cabin is on.

For March 28 Ryndam out of Tampa, the HAL website shows an E being $60 pp more expensive than an FF...not the $400 price difference you cite. .

I'm actually a master's educated person, I can do basic math. When I went on the HAL website, the price they quoted me (with insurance) for a quad E room was $3100, I paid $2700 for our quad FF. Voila- $400

thanks for double checking my math though.

I think we'll stick with our current room and use the $400 (yes, $400), for excursions or onboard fun.

I'm actually a master's educated person, I can do basic math. When I went on the HAL website, the price they quoted me (with insurance) for a quad E room was $3100, I paid $2700 for our quad FF. Voila- $400

thanks for double checking my math though.

I think we'll stick with our current room and use the $400 (yes, $400), for excursions or onboard fun.

No insult was intended. My point was sometimes higher categories are priced cheaper than lower ones to stimulate sales.

The discount website I referred to (it has an A+ rating with the BBB) gave me a price of $2500 for a quad category E, all taxes/fees included, plus a rebate of $100 onboard credit....plus the website notes further discounts on that sailing are available if you call in.

So, I was also trying to save you some money by suggesting you shop around.

However, many people here feel safer and happier booking with HAL directly, even when it's more expensive to do that.

No insult was intended. My point was sometimes higher categories are priced cheaper than lower ones to stimulate sales.

The discount website I referred to (it has an A+ rating with the BBB) gave me a price of $2500 for a quad category E, all taxes/fees included, plus a rebate of $100 onboard credit....plus the website notes further discounts on that sailing are available if you call in.

So, I was also trying to save you some money by suggesting you shop around.

However, many people here feel safer and happier booking with HAL directly, even when it's more expensive to do that.

I think that I may have taken advantage of this sweet deal today with this site. They were offering E cats plus a $100obc! This closest that I could come with any other site was $600 more.....I am a happy camper. I have used these guys before and am very comfortable booking with them.

We were in FF 712, opposite the Infirmary on the Veendam. We had quite a bit of jarring pitching one night in rough water, and a lot of bow-wake roar every night, and some loud mechanical noises below us in the middle of the night a few times.

I'm not sure it would be worth $400 to me to go to an E mid-ship, but I sure won't ever book an FF that far forward again!

we are booked on the ryndam in a quad cat FF on deck A. I noticed some rooms became available in cat E on main deck. is there anything different about these rooms that would be worth another $400?

Three years ago I had FF721 . Did hear the bow thrusters when docking. This was not a disturbance since I was already awake. Close to elevator and embarkation one deck up. The next year I booked FF guarantee and got upgraded (?) to E791 which drove me nuts. Every morning at6:30 I awoke to the sound of smashing glass. Can only assume I was above a recyling depot. It really drove me crazy. I loved 721 when I had it and would highly recomment it.:eek:

Archived