Star - Bringing liquor onboard

zebra

Here are some interesting tips about bring liquor onboard. We disembarked yesterday off the Star Princess - great cruise! We took 5 bottles of wine onboard at Fort Lauderdale in our carry on luggage - no problem at all.

When we got to St. Thomas we purchased 3 bottles of liquor to bring home at A.H. Riise at their downtown location, they took our ship and cabin details and delivered it to the ship. On our way back to the ship we walked through the Havensight Mall and decided to buy a few more bottles as gifts (J & B Scotch was very cheap) these bottles they packaged in a carry on cardboard box and they let us walk on board with this liquor, but the bottles that were sent to the ship were only allowed to be delivered to our cabin the day before disembarkation.

The moral of the story: Carry on any liquor purchases yourself if you might want to consume it in your cabin.

The moral of the story: Carry on any liquor purchases yourself if you might want to consume it in your cabin.

A.K.A. “Break the Rules.” Yet another instance of Princess not enforcing its own guidelines. Like the cruise line that yells wolf.

Yep..same thing happened to me. In Martinique, I carried on 2 bottles of Bailey's with no problem. The delivered carton from A.H. Rise appeared at my door the 2nd to the last day of the cruise.

The moral of my story: Too bad the bottles from St. Thomas were gifts for others. ;)

"Yet another instance of Princess not enforcing its own guidelines. Like the cruise line that yells wolf."

As with any other profession, I think that there are employees who look the other way when a small, harmless infraction of policies occur. It does make me wonder if they are really looking at the x-ray image and ignoring the bottles, or not looking at all (which would mean they could miss that explosive device someone is carrying on.) I'd like to think they are just letting a small amount of consumer consumption alcohol onboard. BDJAM, I'm not quite sure what you mean by saying "Like the cruise line that yells wolf". :confused: Could you explain, please?

Archived