Taxis services in Orlando

We are trying to arrange for this service from Airport to Hotel, from Hotel to Port and then Port to Airport. All on different days. Is it common for a company to ask for full payment upfront? Also does anyone have any good companies they would recommend. I realize you can't post it here but I will give my e-mail address so I can get a good reputable company.

Thanks.

Kind of a tricky one.

A couple things to consider. How many people are in your party? How far is the hotel from the airport?

If it's just two of you, and the hotel is in the Orlando area, I would just walk out of the airport and grab a cab.

If there are four or more people, or the hotel is out near Port Canaveral, you might be better off booking a shuttle service.

I used to live in Orlando, and while we're not allowed to give specific names here (a policy for which I am still a little baffled), I suggest you google "Orlando area shuttle services", and look at the top search results. There is one company that has been providing service in Central Florida for ages, in vehicles ranging from taxi's to town cars, to vans, to motor coaches.

Same thought process from the hotel to the port. If it's a small number of people, and a short ride, just call a cab. If it's a long ride, or a large number, book in advance.

As for the return from the port to the airport, you may want to look into either the motor coaches run by the cruise line, or private shuttle service the same way.

If you are a party of five or less, I might suggest you consider renting a car. You can use it to get from airport to hotel, and then hotel to port. With a number of people, it might be cheaper than all those transfers. Most of the major rental agencies have offices at or near the port (with free shuttle service to the ship).

Good luck!

Go to East Coast Departures and then to Florida.. They have tons of services.. We are using Cocoa Beach Shuttle from the pier to our hotel in Orlando.

They are reasonable and you can get a discount if you mention Cruise Critic. Many hotels offer airport to hotel and back again if you inquire. There are many other transportation options. Look on that board and you will find a ton. Hope this helps.

We are using one this coming week Airport-Hotel-port Canaveral. We pre paid but I don't think you always have to. if you want to give me your e-mail I can send you a link. As well you can look under Florida on the Departure Boards for help. Our T.A reccommended this one.

We are back on the 23rd, if you can wait, I could let you know how it turns out.:)

We looked into car rentals vs. a town car service, and found them to be the same price (about $190 round trip). So, we (a party of 3) are going to just use the town car service and leave the driving to them! We are flying in the day before our cruise, having them take us to our hotel (along with a free 1/2 hour grocery stop), then pick us up on return from the cruise.

The company we have been using when we are in Florida/WDW area is great! They are recommended by several sites, and even refunded my money on their own when we all got sick and returned home 3 days early. We called a cab to get a last minute flight out and called them to let them know they did not need to pick us up on our intended return date. To our surprise, we received a check inthe mail from them within 2 weeks, which we definitely did not expect!

If you would like to know who we use, email me using my user name, adding at aol dot com!

When we sail out of Port Canaveral we stay at a hotel close to the port... The Radisson is pretty reasonable and provides a shuttle to the port....

We use Spaceport Transport for our shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and again from the port back to the airport... we have always found them reliable and affordable...

If you choose to rent a car, most of the rental agencies near the port offer shuttle service from their agency to the port...

The "I work in Port Canaveral" thread on the Florida Departures forum does provide good information however... I find that a more comprehensive list of transportation options can be found at www.portcanaveral.org ... this is the port's official site and they have a pretty good list of options...

And yes, most shuttle services will require payment up front... Don't even consider a taxi... it will cost you an arm and a leg and you'll want to have those for your cruise...:)

Archived