Looking for ideas

Misty_Que

I sent a letter out on cruise ship themed paper from paperdirect.com with info on the wedding and cruise for sailing and non-sailing quests. I included a refrigerator magent I had made up from a picture I took of the ship and had the wedding date put on it along with FH and my name. These went out 10 months before.

I will send out the nvites next month for my May 29th weddng. They are being made by mypersonalartist.com. Go to the website and take a look.

Others have send message in the bottle invites from other merchants and some have made their own.

Also, there are some cruise invites from Destination Rmance by Dawn and Nu Art invitations.

Happy shopping.

I just wanted simple save the dates and invites ( I haven't ordered the invites yet) - I got mine at finestationary.com - they came really fast and were perfect. I then included a sheet of paper that I printed in color with the crusie details and travel agent info. http://www.finestationery.com/product.cfm?prod_id=14028&fss_id=161220041725230518094507663880&cat_id=15&subcat_id=2&cat=2 I'll probably get the invites from here too...

I made my own save the date cards. They were simple yet informative. I made a webpage through www.theknot.com and I just put the URL on the save the date postcard.

I made one postcard and then had them copied at Staples. The supplies, printing, and postage was less than $50 for over 75 postcards. All of the supplies are available at any craft store...I used cardstock, stickers, and scrapbook paper (for a cut-out of a ship).

I can email you a picture of what I made...let me know!

• 2 weeks later...

You can send out all of the information in a message in a bottle. Get a bunch of bottles with corks at the craft store, print up a save the date letter with the info for the cruise and travel agent on parchment and send it in a small box. You can tear and burn the edges of the paper to make it look worn and old if you want, or you can put some sand and shells in the bottle to get them all longing for a vacation.

Hello and congrats! I printed our STD's myself. You can go to http://www.plumpoint.net and take a look. I mailed out ours in September of 2004. We are getting married July 2005. I am pretty anal and thought the sooner the better. Alot of people just recently started booking but, I figured that with the holidays it would probably happen this way. I have my invitations addressed and ready to go but, will probably send them out in mid march. I have our RSVP date as April 30 but, built in an extra month until our rooms were released. As it turns out, the cruise we chose is sold out and the only space available are the rooms that I held. If I can help in any way, let me know!!!

Archived