Balmoral freebies?

shevlen

Please help. We are drastically trying to cut down our luggage weight (23Kgs for a month!!!!). Does the Balmoral provide shampoo, shower gel, hand cream, hair dryer or do we need to pack these?

Fred Olsen allows us 30kgs on outward flight, but for the homeward journey has booked us in with Qantas which only allow 23kgs per person. So the 30kgs is of no use at all as on the way back we would have to ditch 7kgs somewhere!

I queried this with Fred Olsen but they simply said in a very polite round about way.........."Tough! Take it or leave it. Not our problem"

We're in a balcony suite by the way, if that makes any difference.

They supply shower gel/shampoo and handwash. I have not used it so cannot say if it is OK but on two cruises I have never heard anyone complaining about it. There is also a little bag with freebies in it - I have never used or looked at them as I have issues with skin allergies but I suspect it must contain hand cream. By the way, I found the handwash excellent for washing through a few undies and hanging over the bathtub. We are in the same situation as you as we are flying and our carrier stipulates 23kg. We plan to use the launderettes on board regularly and to put some clothing in our cabin luggage - i.e. a pair of shoes each and other items. It is men's stuff that weighs heavier so I shall have to let the boss put some of his stuff in my case. There is a hairdryer in the bathroom but it is not very good.

Archived