Distance from Fosters West Bay to Tabayana Beach

cruisecap

We are a family of five going to Roatan in March via the NCL Sun. Two of us would like to do the horseback riding and three would like to do the beach with snorkeling.

It would appear that the best bet for horseback riding is to purchase the package with Fosters but the remainder of our family will be at Tabayana Beach snorkeling.

I was just wondering what the walking distance is between the two and is this feasible as we would like to spend some of the day togther.

Thanks for any information you can give

If you are going to horse ride at Foster, I think you will be dissappointed. I was there two weeks ago. They have a couple of old hags "horses" that they pull up and down the beach, but I wouldn't call it "horse back riding". Fosters is on Taba[something] beach. It is a long beach, but not too long. You can walk it in about 15 min. from one end to the other. Snorkeling from the beach was O.K. Beach gets very crowded if more than one ship is in port. I would take a cab to fosters and play it by ear. You can rent equiptment there. I talked to people who took Canopy Your and raved. It is very near Fosters. Tell cab driver when you want to go back & he will pick you up.

• 2 years later...

Any answer to the question posed by the OP? My family's cruising at the end of May & I have been looking into El Rancho Barrio Dorcas for horseback riding, while the rest of the family are booking excursions on Tabayana Beach. Would love to meet up with them at some point but not sure how feasible this is? Any feedback on the distance between Fosters & Tabayana Beach would be appreciated.

Any answer to the question posed by the OP? My family's cruising at the end of May & I have been looking into El Rancho Barrio Dorcas for horseback riding, while the rest of the family are booking excursions on Tabayana Beach. Would love to meet up with them at some point but not sure how feasible this is? Any feedback on the distance between Fosters & Tabayana Beach would be appreciated.

Once you're finished with El Rancho (owned by Shirkie), you will end up in Sandy Bay...My -feedback would be to simply stand on the road next to the corral, and flag a taxi down ($10-$15)...Ask them to take you to West Bay beach, and arrange for a place to meet...

People who do not PAY for Tabyana resort (from the ship) are not allowed to use their facilities...In other words, you can't sit under a tree, or use their bathrooms...BUT THE BEACH IS ALL PUBLIC.

HOWEVER< Tabyana is part of West Bay beach, and there are numerous places to meet very near.

My suggestion would be to meet at the PALAPA BAR at Infinity Bay...It's right on the beach, and <300 steps from Tabyana resort..

Archived