My Dream Review 1/23 - 1/30

FrogFritter

With all the to-do with the "new" luggage policies, did you have any issues with your checked luggage, i.e. locked vs. unlocked, "smuggled" items (sorry, I have to ask), or delays because of others luggage, etc.

Thanks!

I did not lock my luggage. Had no other delay besides the fluke of my suitcase. I am going to paint bright yellow stipes on it - lol

I did buy rum runners but packed them in my suitecase empty until I arrived in Florida. I then filled them and packed them in my luggage. Do not bring alcohol in your carry-on onto the ship unless it is the 1 bottle of wine you are allowed to bring.

We all brought wine in our carry-ons and brought it to dinner each night. We were never changed a corking fee (something we thought Carnival did)

and we were able to enjoy it with dinner instead of hanging out in the cabin.

Question about Cocoa Beach Shuttle? I just booked them for our Cruise in March. We are also having them take us to the Radisson and then picking us up at the Port. It is $150 round trip for the 4 of us and we were told to pay the driver. Do you pay the driver who picks you up at the airport for the entire trip or just 1/2 of it. Also, I'm assuming you put a tip on top of this?

Thanks!! I made shuttle reservations a month in advance and was given a time of 12:30pm - when I got to the resort I asked the shuttle driver about changing times and I was told to have my group ready to go at 11am and wait out front. All of us were able to get on the shuttle at 11am.

We went to Fishlips, which is at the port along with a few other restaurants. The Radisson's free (after 3pm) shuttle took us and picked us up. It was a nice place and you can check out the menu on their website - just google fishlips.

Perfect! Thank you!

I actually called the Raddison this morning (I was thinking about changing my one bedroom to two regular rooms for the extra bathroom) and after doing that asked to be switched to the shuttle people. They connected me and I was able to book my shuttle to the port for the day of our cruise, which is in August. I got the 10:30 am time for the five of us. It is the first shuttle of the day.

Am I reading correct that the Raddison's shuttle will take me the night before to a few recommended restaurants on their list, one being fishlips? That would be WONDERFUL and give us something to do with 3 teens.

Thanks.

Question about Cocoa Beach Shuttle? I just booked them for our Cruise in March. We are also having them take us to the Radisson and then picking us up at the Port. It is $150 round trip for the 4 of us and we were told to pay the driver. Do you pay the driver who picks you up at the airport for the entire trip or just 1/2 of it. Also, I'm assuming you put a tip on top of this?

I am assuming you pay each time you are dropped off. We only took the shuttle from MCO to the Radisson and we paid him when we arrived at the hotel. We did give him a tip on top of the fee for the shuttle. I hope this helped.

I am assuming you pay each time you are dropped off. We only took the shuttle from MCO to the Radisson and we paid him when we arrived at the hotel. We did give him a tip on top of the fee for the shuttle. I hope this helped.

THANK YOU! I just went online to look at fishlips and it looks like a GREAT place to start our vacation! It looks like it is on the water and we can sit outside! Thank you VERY much!

Because of your review, that is where my family will be going for dinner the night before our cruise. Thanks!

Perfect! Thank you!

I actually called the Raddison this morning (I was thinking about changing my one bedroom to two regular rooms for the extra bathroom) and after doing that asked to be switched to the shuttle people. They connected me and I was able to book my shuttle to the port for the day of our cruise, which is in August. I got the 10:30 am time for the five of us. It is the first shuttle of the day.

Am I reading correct that the Raddison's shuttle will take me the night before to a few recommended restaurants on their list, one being fishlips? That would be WONDERFUL and give us something to do with 3 teens.

Thanks.

Great! Glad that worked out for you! Yes, we were told the free shuttle around town starts after 3pm - it is 1st come 1st serve. You will need to be flexible. We decided we wanted to go at 6:30pm and waited up front and there was a group in front of us so we waited while he dropped them off and then he came back to get us. Literally 10 minute wait - not bad.

After dinner we called the hotel and he picked us back up, then he took us out again later that night. He even stopped at Dunkin Dounts for us on the way home.

That's kind of what I thought. But the lady who booked my reservation seemed kind of confused. She didn't ask me what date I was returning or from where - I had to ask her if she needed that info. She told me I pay the driver and I asked if I just pay 1/2 or all of it and she didn't quite know but thought I would pay for it at once.

THANK YOU! I just went online to look at fishlips and it looks like a GREAT place to start our vacation! It looks like it is on the water and we can sit outside! Thank you VERY much!

Because of your review, that is where my family will be going for dinner the night before our cruise. Thanks!

Oh great!! We really enjoyed it and we didn't have to wait to be seated. We just walked right in - there were people at the port that had intended on eating somewhere else but there was a 45minute wait and they all ended up at Fishlips. They have a great variety to please everyone and didn't mind giving us all separate checks. We had a great experience.

I miss it already - can I come with you? Haha!

Awesome review...please continue as we're going to be on the Dream on Saturday :D

Also, we're staying at the Radisson on the way back so that we can spend some time at Kennedy Space Center. Any recommendations for restaurants at Cape Canaveral?

Awesome review...please continue as we're going to be on the Dream on Saturday :D

Also, we're staying at the Radisson on the way back so that we can spend some time at Kennedy Space Center. Any recommendations for restaurants at Cape Canaveral?

Thanks - I am planning to continue when I get home from work tonight. We took a drive to the Space Center when we got off the ship. It wasn't as close as I thought it would be so I have no ideas about restaurants that would be close.

Cozumel - We didn't make any plans for this stop because we just wanted to shop and go to Carlos & Charlie's. Corny, I know, but we love it there. This was the 1st time I had seen the new pier and shopping area. It is very nice and very clean. We were also the only ship in port.

We took a taxi downtown for $7 for 4 of us and went shopping on the side streets. A few people bought silver jewelry at a great deal. We stopped to take our picture with some parrots - lol - and then met up with the rest of the group at C&C to have some fun.

GEDC0828.jpg

DSCN0331.jpg

DSCN0351.jpg

GEDC0834.jpg

We got back onboard, meant to take a short nap and ended up sleeping until 9:30pm. Totally missed dinner so we decided to order room service (grilled chicken Caesar salad, vegetables & dip, cheesecake) and rent a movie (Paranormal Activity). O-well, this is vacation, right?

DSCN0328.jpg

DSCN0354.jpg

Don't go to the trouble in switching hotels, just call for a taxi.... We had the same experience in Miami, it was much easier and we actually arrived at the port by 10:30 and was able to go ahead an get on the ship.... I like making my own reservation so we get the time we want.....

We booked an early shuttle with Cocoa Beach shuttle at 10:30 for $3 a person i believe...Dennis

Roatan -

We booked a Victor Bodden Tour with 100+ of the roll call on here.

We had an airconditioned van and Leona was our guide. She was very informative and was willing to answer and all questions we threw her way.

Our 1st stop was Bananarama Diving Resort. They have a beautiful beach there and the resort was very nice. We sat at the bar, ordered some local beer and had some of the best salsa and homemade chips I have ever had.

DSCN0367.jpg

We then moved on to Half Moon Resort where we had lunch on the water. Our table ordered lobster, calamari, fresh fish, conch balls and hamburgers. Way to try the local food - lol

On our way through we stopped to look at the locals selling items on the side of the road and we met this sweet little girl and her pet.

GEDC0860.jpg

Our 3rd stop was the best of them all - Victor's Monkeys!!!!

These were some curious little creatures. They grabbed anything they could find and let me tell you, even if you didn't know you had it, they found it. It was so fun watching them jump all over the place. It was tough to get pictures because you would be focusing in and one would land on your back. We could have stayed there all day. It was definitely a highlight of our trip.

DSCN0378.jpg

GEDC0879.jpg

GEDC0876.jpg

GEDC0873.jpg

I would definitely book a Victor Bodden Tour again, but next time I would like to tour the island and see the beautiful scenery. I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked.

As soon as we made it back to the port shopping area, it began to rain very hard. We were soaked but very glad the weather waited until it was time for us to leave.

Time for more food -

GEDC0901.jpg

I believe this was mushroom soup

GEDC0906.jpg

Vegetarian lasagna

GEDC0914.jpg

Old fashioned apple pie - I only ate the crust :)

I will have to check my capers and see which night I went to the show and comedy club. I can't believe how much I have forgotten in such a short time!

There was also dancing in the dining room tonight - "Shake"

GEDC0910.jpg

GEDC0913.jpg

Amy,

A friend and I booked a tour with Victor for our upcoming cruise; we're doing the zip and dip one. I know we also have the opportunity to go see the monkeys. Now my friend is incredibly terrified of monkeys for some reason; do you know if is she able to just stand outside the fence so she can capture pictures of me with them on my camera? thanks!

...Now my friend is incredibly terrified of monkeys for some reason; do you know if is she able to just stand outside the fence so she can capture pictures of me with them on my camera? thanks!

I would blame it on the Wicked Witch of the West, and her darn flying monkeys:

FlyingMonkey.jpg

My wife says (from experience) "don't wear jewelry, a hat or glasses"...Good luck!

Great review so far, and enjoying the "foodie" angle.

Regards,

Johncn

Amy,

A friend and I booked a tour with Victor for our upcoming cruise; we're doing the zip and dip one. I know we also have the opportunity to go see the monkeys. Now my friend is incredibly terrified of monkeys for some reason; do you know if is she able to just stand outside the fence so she can capture pictures of me with them on my camera? thanks!

She does not have to go into the monkey homes. She can stand outside and take pictures. There are also other monkeys they only allow you to look at from outside and a cute little baby one, too.

Victor also has parrots, a toucan and a little creature that likes to have it's back scratched and you can feed it peanuts. You will be taken around the grounds with a guide also.

GEDC0867.jpg

GEDC0866.jpg

GEDC0870.jpg

GEDC0871.jpg

I would blame it on the Wicked Witch of the West, and her darn flying monkeys:

FlyingMonkey.jpg

My wife says (from experience) "don't wear jewelry, a hat or glasses"...Good luck!

Great review so far, and enjoying the "foodie" angle.

Regards,

Johncn

Haha - most definitely do not wear anything that can easily be swiped - they will take it faster than you will realize. And boy do they get mad when someone tries to take it back from them. I did have a small bag with me that ended up coming in handy - the monkeys wanted to get inside of it and it was easy to keep them out by putting my arm over it. The guide had me pass it around to the others that did not have the monkeys jumping on them. It did the trick - once they had my bag, they wouldn't stay away. There are 2 monkey homes with 3 monkeys each.

Some more random pictures during our Dream cruise

DSCN0358.jpg

DSCN0363.jpg

DSCN0433.jpg

DSCN0451.jpg

Amy these are breathtaking...I am sorry if I missed this, but what kind of room were you in and do you have pics? Thanks I am enjoying your reveiw!

Archived