Sunscreen in Tampa

85phillipian

be nice if they d stop for you..if not you can get in onboard..or pack a

small tube till the first port..

I'm pretty sure a couple of the little gift shops in the Channelside complex (adjacent to the terminal) sell it. Just have the shuttle drop you off at the terminal, check your bags with the porter, and walk around the edge of the building such that you're on the sidewalk by the main road. Two or 3 doors down there are the shops I'm referring to.

I live in CT, and found a good selection of sunscreens in my local Target last week -- even though it's way out of season for us in the chilly Northeast! (Or is the problem that you don't want to pack it?)

That's what I'm hoping to do (not pack it so I don't have to check luggage--I'm pretty good at traveling with just a carry on). I know between my growing teenager and me, we'll need an industrial-sized vat of SPF 70 for the week!

I'm pretty sure a couple of the little gift shops in the Channelside complex (adjacent to the terminal) sell it. Just have the shuttle drop you off at the terminal, check your bags with the porter, and walk around the edge of the building such that you're on the sidewalk by the main road. Two or 3 doors down there are the shops I'm referring to.

Can you do that--check your bags at the ship and not immediately board? (If we can get away with just carryons, we can just walk around with them, of course.)

Walgreens,Target, etc. would be preferred for less costly sunscreen. Any thoughts on biodegradable? It's been suggested for Cozumel.

Can you do that--check your bags at the ship and not immediately board? (If we can get away with just carryons, we can just walk around with them, of course.)

Walgreens,Target, etc. would be preferred for less costly sunscreen. Any thoughts on biodegradable? It's been suggested for Cozumel.

Yes, you can do that. When you get out of the cab, the porters will immediately take your checked luggage, make sure it's tagged, match the tag to your paperwork, and put it on a luggage cart to be put on the ship. Passengers get in line to go into the terminal & the boarding process, but there's nothing that prevents you from going over to the Channelside complex. Often if the line is long we'll go over & have a beer at one of the places there instead of standing in the line.

You could certainly have the cab driver stop at a pharmacy or grocery store on the way (there are several that aren't far off the path). Of course, if you do that the cabbie's meter will be running, which will eat up at least some of your savings vs. buying either in one of the Channelside shops or onboard (and if you get caught in a long line at the store, it will probably more than eat up the savings).

Archived