Wine Packages?

Michylicious

Yes, they offer wine packages. The packages include 5 bottles of wine and save you 25%. Each package is priced differently and has a different variety of wines. There is a 15% gratuity added to the package. We had a coupon buy 4 bottles and get the 5th free so we didn't buy the package. The coupon was actually better than the package price. But you can only get the coupon book from a travel agent or on ebay and sometimes on craigslist.

We cruised in January '10 and were offered a 3 bottle package for a 5 day cruise. There were three categories (regular, unleaded, and premium) of packages to choose from, and 3 bottles in each package. We would have preferred the 5 bottle package.:D

Does Carnival offer any wine packages? I know Royal Caribbean did, but I can't remember from my last Carnival cruise...

Here's all the information:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/Static_Templates/carnival-wine-packages.aspx

Unfortunately, the deluxe package (they have nerve calling this package deluxe) contains wines that cost well under $10 each at home. With the package the bottles average out to $20 each.

Looks like we will be enjoying the wine we can bring on and then perhaps order just a glass with dinner. Prices by the glass appear to be 1/4th the price of a bottle. No benefit in buying a bottle - unless your choice doesn't come by the glass.

Can anyone tell me how these wine packages work? If you go to Formalities and buy it will they give you all 5 bottles right away? you can take them to your room? are they marked somehow so that you won't be charged corkage if you bring them to the dining room?

Thanks!! :)

Can anyone tell me how these wine packages work? If you go to Formalities and buy it will they give you all 5 bottles right away? you can take them to your room? are they marked somehow so that you won't be charged corkage if you bring them to the dining room?

Thanks!! :)

I've never purchased one, but from what I understand from previous threads here you get 5 coupons for the bottles. You can then hand a coupon to your waiter, or any bar and be served the wine of your choice (from within your package).

You can buy the wine packages either from Formalities or from the Dining Room Waiter. Hint, do not buy the package until after sailing so you are not charged sales tax.

Depending upon which package you buy, you will be given coupons. On the back of the coupons is listed the wines available in that package you bought. You check which wine you want and give it to the waiter.

I never even thought of the taxes the last time we bought this package. Does anyone know if San Juan has the same thing with taxes? We would have to wait until the 2nd night to purchase the package since we do not depart until 10pm.

Thanks!

I called the Bon Voyage Dept. Friday and she told me they had 3 different wine packages. Regular 5 bottles for $109.00 Delux 5 bottles for $126.00 and Premium 5 bottles for $180.00. She said they would be in our cabin waiting for us. We could keep them and drink them in our cabin or we could take a bottle to the dinning room to have there. She read each package list so fast it was impossible to write down the types or brands. I did say if we take it to the dinning room there won't be a corkage fee being that its your brand will there? She said no anything we buy from them we won't get a corkage fee. I called to ask if they carried Brandy on their lists of alcohol. She inform me they did. I said do you know anything about these wine packages you can buy aboard ship from either your waiter or some other place which I forget on the ship. She says oh we sell them here in the Bon Voyage dept. you can order through us. So this is our plan to order all ours through the Von Boyage Dept. Oh she didn't mention tax and I didn't ask because I wasn't ready to order yet. I figured there would be though.

Mary RM

Archived