Need help making an informed decision . . .

lawyerrose

Hi all,

We are considering two Carnival Miracle cruises in December. We thought we'd made our choice with the Dec. 5th one going to Grand Turk, DR, Aruba and Curacao, but then noticed that the ship left the next week to do St. Martin, St. Kitts & St. Lucia and the cabin we want is $200 pp cheaper on that cruise. Both are 8 day cruises - it's a matter of the ports. We've been to Grand Turk and St. Martin (liked them both) and I've always wanted to see the ABC's. But the St. Lucia/St. Kitts cruise has one more sea day (which we love) and, of course, is cheaper.

Can anyone (everyone) give me their thoughts on those islands and which cruise they'd pick and why? We're not big shoppers but love the beach, we scuba, would love to zip line, and are general explorer types I guess you'd call it. I've looked at the shore excursions and checked out CC's port of call boards. Still looking for more input.

Thanks for any insights you may have!!

Rose

I jumped on the new itinerary for a couple of reasons..

1. a lot of friends I met on the Freedom had booked this cruise

2. this was a new itinerary for Carnival.

My fear is that if oil prices jump up, then this itinerary will disappear.. I don't want to miss my chance!

Have you thought about joining the 'Repeat Offenders' 10/18 cruise for this itinerary? Group rates are pretty good for balconies, given what todays prices are for the cabins?

I jumped on the new itinerary for a couple of reasons..

1. a lot of friends I met on the Freedom had booked this cruise

2. this was a new itinerary for Carnival.

My fear is that if oil prices jump up, then this itinerary will disappear.. I don't want to miss my chance!

Have you thought about joining the 'Repeat Offenders' 10/18 cruise for this itinerary? Group rates are pretty good for balconies, given what todays prices are for the cabins?

I'm not sure which one you're talking about? Which is the "new itinerary"?

Lots of posting here, but no one is offering me any help. Can't anyone help me with this???:confused:

Wish I could - wish I was having to chose between these two cruises. For me, I love port days and seeing different places, so I would go to the ABC's.

I've been to Aruba, Curaco and Bonaire.......(With the Navy.....not Carnival) they are worth the extra cost IMHO. Curaco in particular.

The only caveat is that I was there way back in the early 90's, but I'm sure they are still wonderful!!

I've been to Aruba, Curaco and Bonaire.......(With the Navy.....not Carnival) they are worth the extra cost IMHO. Curaco in particular.

The only caveat is that I was there way back in the early 90's, but I'm sure they are still wonderful!!

Thanks, PunkinsDad!:)

My neice just got back last night from a Southern Caribbean cruise...she absolutely love Curacau (sp?). She said she'd like to go back there to stay for a week! They went snorkeling in every port and said it was wonderful. They were also in Aruba and DR. I don't think you could go wrong with this one!;)

Archived