Weather for Trans-Atlantic cruises?

Some1

Hi...I will be sailing on Independence in April from Ft. Lauderdale. What will it be like when we're sailing through the Atlantic this time of year? Warm? Cool? Choppy? I know it's almost impossible to predict weather conditions for the middle of nowhere but I'd like to get just a general idea of what to expect from anyone who went on a similar cruise. Our first stop will be in Azores...

Thanks! :)

In 2001 I sailed from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale on September 22. For the entire 14 days the weather was fabulous, the water was as smooth as a baby's behind... I had the balcony door open during the nights. It ALMOST was too boring.

That said, you can't really predict.

We did two TA's, one from Ft L and one from Tampa, stopping at Ponte Delgada. Mostly the weather was sunny but the wind was strong both times, noone could sit outside or use the pool. In the Azores it was rainy and we needed jackets.

We did a TA in Sept and the weather was vey good.

Cool, thanks you guys! :) I'm a bit intimidated by the size of this ship, not used to sailing on mega-ships...haven't even sailed with Royal Caribbean in 11 years so nice weather would be comforting. :cool:

Nice weather may be comforting but hardly guaranteed!! However, you do have better odds in your favor sailing the Southern route from Florida to the Azores before heading north than you would going a direct North Atlantic route from NYC to Southampton:)

Cool, thanks you guys! :) I'm a bit intimidated by the size of this ship, not used to sailing on mega-ships...haven't even sailed with Royal Caribbean in 11 years so nice weather would be comforting. :cool:

Ayna,

Will be on the same cruise as you. Have you joined our roll call and signed up for the meet and mingle. And read about some of the activies the CC group is planning.

Here is the link to our thread though it will start on the last page so go back a few pages and read if you are not already signed up for the roll call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=946076&page=29

Larry

Archived