Destiny coral island cruise 28th feb 2010

Hi everyone,i will be going on my second cruise at the end of this month round the carribean,i have been on one cruise before around four years ago on the island star and absolultey loved it! never been to the carribean so wanted to do another cruise and get a feel for the islands i will be going with my best friend as he wanted to visit the carribean too one thing that concerns me is the ship realy formal as i was told when booking it was informal just if you wanted to eat in the main restaurant in the evening you would have to wear a suit,we will probably only visit the main restaurant for the breakfast as i am a fussy eater and would prefer the lido so i can see for myself whats on offer! we will be probably the youngest on the ship at being in our early 30s but sure that wont be a problem as on my previous cruise we got along with most people

Hi Jim , we were on the destiny last year and the only night that I would say that people really dressed up was for the captains night they have 1 per week ,my hubby and son just were smartly dressed the rest of the time ,so dont think that you will have any problems ,have a great cruise :)

mrs.c

I am on this one and have decided i will take my suit,it is going to be a bit difficult deciding what clothes to take really,dressing up clothes for the night and the normal shorts things for the day,when you only have 23 kgs for the fortnight you have to get the balance right,try doing a month to Singapore,New Zealand and San Francisco,ok we cheated a bit we had friends in NZ so we washed for free lol......

When we were on Destiny there were all ages from children up to grandparents, she's not adult-only. There probably won't be many children as it isn't half-term.

There will be one formal night per week, the Captain's Gala night and yes people do dress up, most men wear a dinner jacket or a suit. There will be (free) drinks and canapes served in the theatre before dinner, and Captain Psarrakis will lead his officers in (singing, on our cruise!), introduce everyone and welcome you all on board. It's a lovely atmosphere and it would be a shame to miss it!

There are several choices for each course at dinner in the Seven Seas restaurant and the waiters will be happy to discuss your requirements. If anything doesn't suit you they will change it. A table near us had six ladies on it and every night their waiter brought one of each choice of dessert up from the kitchen so they could all have a look before they ordered.

The other nights each week in the restaurant are "smart casual", ie long trousers and a shirt, no suit required at all.

Having said all that, when we go back to the Caribbean for New Year I want to try dinner at the Lido at least once as I fancy eating in the warm open air!

Carol x

Archived