Wine on Carnival??

W5KAP

Friends of ours are sailing on the Ecstacy in Aprill and were wondering about bringing wine on board. I have sailed Carnival a couple of times but never throught about this. Recently we brought wine on board the Island Princess on Princess no problem. Just wondered what you good folks know about doing this on Carnival out of Galveston

Friends of ours are sailing on the Ecstacy in Aprill and were wondering about bringing wine on board. I have sailed Carnival a couple of times but never throught about this. Recently we brought wine on board the Island Princess on Princess no problem. Just wondered what you good folks know about doing this on Carnival out of Galveston

The "rule" is 1 bottle per person.

Heheh I can read between the lines on that one. Thanks for the info. I will pass it along.

Cheers, Kenn

And I should say that that is the "carry on rule" - and that is what we carried on last time. Of course, there was a bottle in everyone's suitcase as well, which made it through no problems. But, the suitcases were locked - looks like CCL has changed their policy on that, so they may start confiscating more - I am waiting to read as the threads appear.

I believe that the rule is per adult and also specifies the bottle be 750ml.

We (DH and I) got on in Baltimore with 2 bottles (750ml) and we also brought a box of wine (supposedly the equivalent of 4 bottles). The box we carried on in a bag with some soda, the bottles we carried on in a different carry on. At the Xray, they looked carefully at the bottles (to make sure they were really wine.). The box and cans of soda, not a word or a second look.

I also bought 3 bottles from the Bon Voyage dept and they were waiting in our cabins.

hb5

I believe that the rule is per adult and also specifies the bottle be 750ml.

We (DH and I) got on in Baltimore with 2 bottles (750ml) and we also brought a box of wine (supposedly the equivalent of 4 bottles). The box we carried on in a bag with some soda, the bottles we carried on in a different carry on. At the Xray, they looked carefully at the bottles (to make sure they were really wine.). The box and cans of soda, not a word or a second look.

I also bought 3 bottles from the Bon Voyage dept and they were waiting in our cabins.

hb5

Aweome!! That's the kind of answers they need. What is a cruise without the Vino??? Just a boat ride I say. Thanks for the info

Cheers, Kenn

And I should say that that is the "carry on rule" - and that is what we carried on last time. Of course, there was a bottle in everyone's suitcase as well, which made it through no problems. But, the suitcases were locked - looks like CCL has changed their policy on that, so they may start confiscating more - I am waiting to read as the threads appear.

Yeah, I knew this would stir it up kind of like starting a thread about the chaize lounge hogs!!

Cheers, Kenn

Archived