First time cruise

We fly out on 22nd July for 7 night cruise on the Mediterranean spirit cruise leaving from Palma. Have been told it is the island escape boat and Thomson spirit - I am a bit confused as to which boat it is so I can check it out on internet - can anyone help???

Hi SJG161170:)

We are on the Island Escape on the 1st July doing the Mediterranean Discovery cruise. It is our first time on this particular ship, having been on all the other Thomson ships apart from the Celebration.

Having read a lot of reviews I was extremely nervous about going on her but then there are some who have said she's fine. It seems like a lot of the bad reviews all stem from the same cruise itinerary during the winter so I am going to wait to get some feedback when people return from the summer cruises around the Med.

I tend to make up my own mind so will go with an open mind and then give some feedback when I return.

I know this doesn't help you much, as it's your first cruise but as long as you don't go expecting lots of glitz and glamour then I'm sure you will have a good time. Thomson is known to be a bit more laid back than most cruise lines. The staff, customer service and entertainment all make up for any other shortfalls.

Regards

Janet

Hi,

We've been on her twice now and had a great time both times. We were on her in 2008 and did 3 of the ports you are visiting. Also we were on board this December. This time with our 2 sons in their 20's who loved their 1st cruise.

The staff are fantastic, they work really hard to make sure we have a good time. The entertainment team under Ross put on some really good shows.

She is an old ship, but then all the Thomson's ships are about the same age.

If you come over to the Island Cruises board as Janet suggests you will get more information.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=496

Berwyn

Archived