Lodging in port canaveral

donnam504

Thinking of driving to Port Canaveral to board FOS in May. Can anyone recommend a nearby hotel? Would arrive on saturday & I understand there are some that offer breakfast, inexpensive shuttle service to the port (& pick-up service on the return) & allow you to park your car at their hotel lot for the week! Does anyone have any info on this experience? Or would you suggest we drive ourselves to the port on sunday & park in RCL's lot?

How much is parking (& is it protected?) in RCL's lot?

Thanks!

The Radisson Resort at the Port is a nice choice... They serve a breakfast buffet in the morning (a bit pricey for us so we walk across the parking lot to Zachary's).

I seem to recall that they do a Cruise Package that included a night's stay, free parking during your cruise and a shuttle back and forth to the port... we don't use the parking option though...

If you check out the Florida departures forum, there's some good stuff there...

TBN hubby here

Although we have condo at Satellite Beach, when that is rented out we use the Econolodge at the intersection of A1/528. (528 is the Beach Line Expressway from Orlando.) It is only about 4 miles or so from the port. Official location of the motel is Coco (not Coco Beach). Not fancy by any means, but clean. Has a pool,internet, and serves a good breakfast included with the room.

Park free with a night's stay and $10 pp round trip with Coco Beach Shuttle.

One downside is that they are near a train track so that may wake you if you are a light sleeper.

Call the lodge directly for the details because the info was not available from their central reservations. We only noticed the service from a small sign on the front desk and it saved us a bunch on a B2B a few months back.

I can't recall, but I think it is in the $60/night range for a couple. ask for senior discount or AAA for best rates. Frig and microwave in most rooms if that is important and close to Coco Village where there are some really nice restaurants.

The Radisson Resort at the Port is a nice choice... They serve a breakfast buffet in the morning (a bit pricey for us so we walk across the parking lot to Zachary's).

I seem to recall that they do a Cruise Package that included a night's stay, free parking during your cruise and a shuttle back and forth to the port... we don't use the parking option though...

If you check out the Florida departures forum, there's some good stuff there...

We did this several times and this is a good deal. It was a decent place to stay and the shuttled you there. They were also really prompt in picking you back up and really close to the port. We got the breakfast free when we stayed there, don't know if it was a special promotion or not.

We did this several times and this is a good deal. It was a decent place to stay and the shuttled you there. They were also really prompt in picking you back up and really close to the port. We got the breakfast free when we stayed there, don't know if it was a special promotion or not.

We stayed at the Raddison for our Jan. 17 cruise on FOS and were completely satisfied. Our breakfast was also free. i think it might be in the park and cruise package. Would stay there again.

We always stay at the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach. You can also leave your car there for the week. We never get the cruise and park package as it is cheaper to just take a taxi to the port. $4.00 per person each way. Never had a problem doing this.

We stayed at the Radisson for three nights in Nov. '09 before our cruise. The room was large and clean. The pool area is lovely. Breakfast bar was extra and didn't eat there because of some poor reviews. They have a shuttle to take and pick you up at the cruise port. No fee.

We are staying at the Country Inn and Suites just north of the Radisson. Got a great price on Priceline ($60 +tax = $74.55) for this Novemaber. They have free parking, a free hot breakfast buffet (waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon bisquits and gravy plus cereals fruit etc. according to their website. They have a shuttle to the cruiseport $4@.

Have a geat cruise!:D:D

We're cruising this Friday on the Monarch, and we booked 2 rooms at the Sheraton Four Points Hotel in Cocoa Beach. We're staying their for FREE just by using our credit card points.

I don't want to sound like lame sales pitch or anything, but if you want to know how to book that hotel for free, then just email me: jpv072900@comcast.net

I though that the Residene Inn at Cocoa Beach was very nice.

I second this one as well.

Being Marriott people, my fiance and I stayed there in Nov 08 for our Mariner cruise for 2 nights on points. Great room, nice breakfast. You can park for free for the week and the shuttle was $6/pp round trip.

We hung out with a bunch of people from our pre-meet and mingle at Grills to watch the ships leave and then the few that were staying at our hotel hung out at the pool/hot tub/bar for the rest of the night.

I think we're booking this again based on who has more points between myself and my fiance.

We did the Radisson over New Year's and offer the following comments:

The rooms were OK. The beds were a little older and the room was musty. The shuttle to the Carnival Dream was fine and free.

Upon our return, we lined up with a ton of folks to grab the shuttle back to the Radisson. It did not come for over 1.25 hours. Yes, you read that right. All of us were calling and they would say "we are on our way," but they never showed. We just about paid another limo driver to take us, when suddenly the driver pulls-up. He was very rude when we confronted him on this.

While we were waiting, the Country Inn and Suites shuttle came through over 5 times, and was never crowded. This hotel is even closer to the port than the Radisson, so I recommend you stay there. I know I will next time.

We've stayed at both the Marriott Courtyard and the Residence Inn. Both very nice, with the Residence Inn being very close to the port and cheapest taxi. Both have free parking. For other reviews check out our sister website, Tripadvisor, for reviews on not only hotels but restaurants . It would be easiest (and the surest bet) to drive down the day before and spend the nite in the Cocoa bch area.

Archived