prices in self service laundry

MrSchwump

Does anyone know how much it is to wash and how much to dry in the self service laundry? I'll be on the Crown later this month and am planning to do a load of laundry mid-week so I can pack light. Any other laundry insights are welcome!

Does anyone know how much it is to wash and how much to dry in the self service laundry? I'll be on the Crown later this month and am planning to do a load of laundry mid-week so I can pack light. Any other laundry insights are welcome!

$1 wash $1 dry. You will need quarters. Best to bring your own as the coin machines would run out. It was busy on sea days (particularly the last sea day). I used the purex sheets that are both for the washer and dryer. They are flat to pack and take up hardly any room. I found the laundry rooms very clean and the irons spotless.

$1 wash $1 dry. You will need quarters. Best to bring your own as the coin machines would run out. It was busy on sea days (particularly the last sea day). I used the purex sheets that are both for the washer and dryer. They are flat to pack and take up hardly any room. I found the laundry rooms very clean and the irons spotless.

I found the change machines would dispense quarters, tokens, bizarre quarters from barbados, australian 10c - any number of coins that look like 25c

We were on the Emerald in December and it was more than $1.00. I think $1.75 for the washer and $1.50 for the dryer. There is a coin machine that would take my $5.00 bill and give me quarters. Go on a non at sea day in the daytime and you should have no problems. On sea days it can get crazy!

Just off the Ruby and did laundry one week ago today when we were unable to dock at Curacao. Washer and dryer are both $1.50 and small box of powder detergent is $1.00. Washer cycle runs 35 minute and dryer runs 45-50 minutes.

Mike

Thanks Mike! I couldn't remember how long the cycles ran for, I was thinking a load of wash and dry was about an hour and a half on the Coral last year but this helps in planning when to attempt to fit a load of laundry in.

Cost on the Crown was only $1 for wash and $1 for dry. I just came off the Crown on Jan 9 and that was what I paid. I am surprised the ships have different costs for the same thing.

And to confuse you even more, the last cruise we sailed on the Sea Princess, self service laundry was complimentary. You only had to purchase the detergent. So, it definitely does depend on the ship.

I checked out the link above and was surprised to see wash prices vary from $1.00 to $1.75 per wash and $0.50 to $1.50 per dryer. Some included detergent, some didn't. Of course we are heading out on the Island which is the most expensive. :confused: :confused:

In Nov/Dec on the Golden I paid $1 for powder, $1 wash and $1 to dry. Powder did not disolve on one wash and had white stuff left all over washing!

Also one time had to use $4 to get washing dry.

This is the first cruise we had to pay to use launderette. One cruise we did was free for it all including powder

Archived