Priceline for Anchorage

CSloan

Has anyone bid on Priceline for Anchorage? I've been putting in bids for July, with no luck so far. I've been bidding on 3-star rating, which is the highest on Priceline for Anchorage. I'm curious if anyone knows what the 2-1/2 star hotels might be.

Cathy

Per Bidding For Travel (http://p071.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding):

Anchorage

3 Star

Hilton Anchorage

Sheraton Anchorage Hotel

Westmark Hotel

Millenium Alaskan Hotel

Marriott Anchorage Downtown (Another possible hotel, not reported yet)

2 ½ Star

Executive Suite Hotel

Residence Inn Anchorage Midtown (Another possible hotel, not reported yet)

Courtyard by Marriott Anchorage Airport (Another possible hotel, not reported yet)

Hilton Garden Inn (Another possible hotel, not reported yet)

Homewood Suites (Another possible hotel, not reported yet)

2 Star

Holiday Inn

Coast International Inn (formerly part of the West Coast chain)

A few years back, I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Anchorage .. it was reasonably priced and I booked it right on their website. There was also a Microtel right next door. Those are usually very clean and well maintained hotels. They are not the Hilton... but they are not Motel 6 either:)

FYI, last June, we stayed at the Marriott downtown Anchorage. It was very nice - large clean comfortable rooms!! About 2 blocks from some real good restaurants. Fairly close to most of the downtown sites.

FYI - the Anchorage museum downtown was great. The Alaskan history room was super interesting and they have a large area showing the history and geography of the oil pipeline. They have a large section of the pipeline hanging from the ceiling to show how large it is and how many layers of insulation it has, etc. Very interesting!!

Ginny

• 3 months later...

We finally got 3 rooms for July 1st but...had to go all the way up to $105. Got the Sheraton Downtown. We've been trying forever and had bid up to $90 with no luck. I saw that somebody else had gotten rejected at $100 so I tried $105. Finally!!!

Looking at that list of hotels reminds me that it certainly has been along time since I left Anchorage.

If the Sheraton is still run by the same company, it should be a nice hotel. I stayed in it many a time because my stepfather used to be one of the managers.

Archived