Please help with any information you can :o)

jlynshep

Hi,

I have just started to plan my wedding for April 2011. We are thinking about getting married in the Port of Long Beach, Ca then taking a 3 night cruse to Mexico with ever who is able to stay on the ship and sail. Does anyone have any information about onboard weddings? Has anyone had one? How does it work as far a getting ready, center pieces, favors, wedding party getting ready, pictures? Are they taken before the wedding or after or both? Any information would be very helpful!!! Thank you so much!!

I am getting married in May on Royal Caribbean out of Cape Liberty. I had my choice of getting married in Central Park, on the ship in port (allowing me to take non-sailing guests on the ship), on the ship at sea (all guests would have to be sailing guests), or at location where I am sailing to (Bermuda).

I have to arrive by 10 am. I don't know what time my wedding is. Everyone has to come to port by 10 regardless. My room will be ready early for me, so I can get married on the ship.

There are a number of upgrades you can purchase, so you can have flowers, ice sculptures, etc to decorate the wedding. I think 2 sprays of flowers come standard.

I believe your friends/family will have to take the getting ready pics. The ship's photographers take your pictures during the wedding and the reception. An extra hour of photography can be purchased for $95, giving you shots around the ship.

You can bring anything you want for favors, except anything alive (like flowers), food, or drink. That's due to US Customs. We are making it easy and giving donations to charity in lieu of a favor, since we've never bothered to keep favors we received from weddings, and we think we can make a difference with our donation.

The upside is that you don't have to stress interviewing photographers, caterers, florists, etc. because they will all be provided for you. The downside is you have a limit on the guests you can invite, they are in control of your time (I think guests will have to kill a few hours on the ship before your wedding), you don't necessarily get the room you want for your wedding, and there's extra work and restrictions due to customs. You'll have to provide the driver's license, dob, full name (etc) on all your guests in order for them to get on the ship.

All in all, it has its advantages and disadvantages, but it is what I wanted!

Hi- I am in the fisrt sage of planning, but I have selected a destination ashore in the Cayman Islands. Also try best destination wedding forum, EVERYTHING IS OUT THERE YOU NEED.

Congrats and Happy Planning

Just becareful with Cayman Islands and have a back up plan. Cayman Islands are sometimes a missed port because you have to tender in there and sometimes the weather/waves dont cooperate.

Archived