Tortola Shore excursion

lauracruises

I would hire a taxi at the pier and let them take you to several view spots. The trip over the mountains to the northside beaches can be a thrill.

or...check out Marina Cay ... there is a free ferry over to this island from near the airport. An interesting taxi ride from the port and on the island is a very nice nice restuarant and a great little beach.

http://www.pussers.com/outposts/marina_cay

for some idea of the island, check out this web page:

http://www.bareboatsbvi.com/tortola.html there are more links at the bottom that show beaches, etc too.

I was alone - DH was diving - and did the ships tour of the island -it was fairly reasonable, and I got an overview of the whole island including a stop at a lovely beach. We did the baths together on our next trip, and there is a lot of traveling (boat to bus walk down to beach, back on the bus, back on the boat....). I think an elderly person would like the island tour. The best thing about the ships excursion is that there will be no worries about being left behind if the taxi breaks down - have a great trip!

Going on the Pearl . I would like to see the baths, but am traveling with an elderly person who can"t walk long distances. Does anyone have any suggestions for a shore excursion. Thanks

Your main problem with the walking issue will be when you arrive at the Baths . Theres quite a walk down uneven terrain to the waters edge(Baths). How elderly are we talking ? There are options were you approach from the water and are left off at the beach right at the baths. But again , making your way through the Baths takes some sure footedness . Do a Google search for some photo's and you will see what I mean.

Good luck.

I agree with mpk218. I went to the Baths in April and I would not recommend it for people with mobility issues. You can see my photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aznaphrodite/sets/72157617910056521/detail/?page=9

The path to walk down to the beach is very uneven and you must navigate large boulders in the path. When you get to the beach, I definitely would not recommend going through the Caves because it's even worse. Several kids on our tour were bleeding from falling or getting cut by the rocks.

But if you want to go and the elderly person does not you could both go to the baths and the elderly person could sit and enjoy some snack food at a wonderful resturant(also has a small pool) that is at the top of the park that does have handicap ramp and then you can go down to the baths and spend about an hour and come back to your elderly person. There is a wonderful view from that resturant of the baths. They have nice mixed drinks too!

Snorkeling is pretty nice around the beach area down at the baths.

But if you want to go and the elderly person does not you could both go to the baths and the elderly person could sit and enjoy some snack food at a wonderful resturant(also has a small pool) that is at the top of the park that does have handicap ramp and then you can go down to the baths and spend about an hour and come back to your elderly person. There is a wonderful view from that resturant of the baths. They have nice mixed drinks too!

Snorkeling is pretty nice around the beach area down at the baths.

Yes! I forgot about the Top of the Baths! You can see photos of the pool and views F5Loar mentioned at the bottom of this page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aznaphrodite/sets/72157617910056521/detail/?page=11

Archived