Is grand turk city tour worth money

LOVEMYSAMOYED

I was in Grand Turk almost three years ago. There really wasn't much to see or do there. The island isn't very big (it's 7 miles long and 1.5 miles wide according to their web site). I think there was one major grocery store, one bakery, one hardware store, and so on.

My sister and I ended up taking a taxi tour of the island with two other people from our ship for $25 each person. The tour lasted a little more than an hour, and we saw all there was to see. We were so happy that we did not take a ship's tour.

Afterwards, we ate fried conch at Margaritaville in the shopping area near the pier. It was very good.

In all seriousness though there is a nice beach with free chairs right off the ship.

Next to that is a very nice Margarittaville with a gorgeous pool and lots of seating.

By one drink and spend the day there. Do not see the point of a tour.

We were in Grand Turk two years ago and we rented a gas powered golf cart. You walk outside the gate to rent them they also rented scooters. Driving is on the left side of the road but ther isnt much traffic at all. We drove around the island and went to a few beaches and the lighthouse on our own . Make sure you get a map the Island is split in two different directions. Roads go right or left sides of the island you have time to do both easy

Taxi to town is $5 per person each way and about a 20 minute trip. There is not a whole lot to see their to be honest unless you want to see the museum and just get away from the ship crowds. I certainly would not pay $50 per person unless some other major perks are included.

We were in Grand Turk two years ago and we rented a gas powered golf cart. You walk outside the gate to rent them they also rented scooters. Driving is on the left side of the road but ther isnt much traffic at all. We drove around the island and went to a few beaches and the lighthouse on our own . Make sure you get a map the Island is split in two different directions. Roads go right or left sides of the island you have time to do both easy

How much are the golf carts to rent, and can some hold 4 persons? Did you rent ahead of time (website?) or just walk off and find the place (directions?)

Thank you!

Wow, I had to chuckle at this one. City tour ? Fifty bucks ? Whoa nellie, they have nerve ! Just there last November.

Save your money. And unless you have a burning desire to see the lighthouse - don't bother with the golf carts or rental cars. Just find a nice spot on the nice white sand beach, pull up a chair, order a bucket of beers and enjoy. This island has gorgeous water (we did a dive here) and nice beaches. But the island is not tropical (think scruffy trees and flat) and just not worthy of the time and energy for a "tour".

Archived