What Time Did You Get On The Spirit " NOLA"

justhavingfun

Hello, I know check in begins at 12:00, and they ask you not to arrive no more than 1 hour early. But we are sailing 2-14-10 out of NOLA. There will be parades forming the morning that we leave. We don't want to get caught by the parade floats lining up. So what time were you able to get on the Spirit ?

Thanks in advance.

Last year we sailed out on the Sunday before Mardi Gras, just like this time and we pulled into the parking lot by 9:30, went thru security, checked in and waited about 40 minutes to board and by noon we were having lunch in Windows.

Hello, I know check in begins at 12:00, and they ask you not to arrive no more than 1 hour early. But we are sailing 2-14-10 out of NOLA. There will be parades forming the morning that we leave. We don't want to get caught by the parade floats lining up. So what time were you able to get on the Spirit ?

Thanks in advance.

WE arrived about 11:15 or so and were on board by about 12:30 or maybe a little earlier. We couldn't go to our cabins we were told (we did drop our carry off though) then went to the buffet for lunch. Our cabins were ready by the time we finished.

Nita

We sailed during Mardi Gras a few years ago and got slightly caught in traffic (we had a cab, coming from the Garden District) around 10:30. It got worse and worse as the morning went on from what I heard. I'd suggest getting there around 10:00. There's plenty to do around there if you even get there earlier and drop your luggage. Go to the Riverwalk and poke around. Anyway, they started boarding by 11:30, and it sounds like that is about the norm.

Does anyone know what time the parking garage @ the port will allow you you to start parking there? I would imagine they would want you to wait until most of the passengers debark from the previous cruise to allow for ample parking? (not sure how many cars it will hold?)

Archived